80 Series Side Trim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone! So I’m looking at my new to me 80 series and it looks like my side trim is aftermarket and placed in the wrong spot so I just want to see what you guys think about it. Is that normal or what’s up with it? Thanks!

D9705F5B-C067-4986-8200-3A09DA21A890.jpeg

Appears aftermarket, not the same location as the original side molding.

Here's a link to some photos, post #16, although the moldings in that thread
were a Chynna copy (in the factory location) although it's not a complete set.

Hello everyone! So I’m looking at my new to me 80 series and it looks like my side trim is aftermarket and placed in the wrong spot so I just want to see what you guys think about it. Is that normal or what’s up with it? Thanks!

View attachment 2543030
Welcome!

I'm curious: Do both sides match? I've seen body shops re-trim one side due to a collision, then install trim in the wrong place, or the wrong emblems back on the car.

I went to a Dodge dealer lot and was looking at a used Dodge Caravan that had LE emblems on LF fender, XLE emblem on the back, and the SXT version on the RF fender.

Welcome!

I'm curious: Do both sides match? I've seen body shops re-trim one side due to a collision, then install trim in the wrong place, or the wrong emblems back on the car.

I went to a Dodge dealer lot and was looking at a used Dodge Caravan that had LE emblems on LF fender, XLE emblem on the back, and the SXT version on the RF fender.
Yes both sides match on it! It is so weird. I’m scared to take them off because I don’t know what is going to be underneath it.

Yes both sides match on it! It is so weird. I’m scared to take them off because I don’t know what is going to be underneath it.
Probably nothing under it. Usually they are attached with adhesive. Heat gun, gloves, and pliers to get hold of it, then a 3M decal removal wheel to remove the remaining adhesive.

Welcome!

You have a lot of dodge mini van stories!

You have a lot of dodge mini van stories!
It's because I've had three. My Mom had three (One of them ended up being mine)

One one hand they're a POS, the other, we've had "relatively" good luck with them. (Knock on wood.....)
1998 Dodge Caravan (My sister bought brand new, I got it at 155K miles) The transmission died at 201K miles. I donated it. It got rebuilt and is still doing service in the KC area.
1998 Chrysler T&C (My Mom bought it second with 5300 miles, I got it third with 156K miles, I sold it to my cousin at 225K miles, who sold it again and it's still on the road)
2009 Chrysler T&C (This was my MIL's. She passed in 2018 and we bought it with 32,000 miles on it. It's nearly brand new.)

We need a van to haul a power wheelchair on a lift on the back and to haul our youngest son around and these vans work very well for those with a disability. We've looked at others, but for the cost and what we use them for and how I can work on them (parts are cheap) so we can keep them going for a while.

I have added airbags to the first one and the last one.
The second one had the Nivomat rear suspension and it works well for what it is. The body started to get so rusty that when we would lift the wheelchair, the driver's door started to bind.
My wife loves the touch button air bag system on the new van. It's pretty sweet.
I was looking at "new" vans in order to get a reasonable value for my MIL van, and that's when I noticed the one in the dealer's lot.

I also have lots of stories of old Chevy trucks and Studebakers......;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom