80 series seperation anxiety (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven't wheeled my 100 that much. But I missed the 80 enough to get another one. I wasn't ready to put 35's on an '07 daily driver. The 80 feels more at home on the trails, and the 100 on the road and the 40 in the rocks. Doesn't mean all three cant go anywhere I point 'em!
DSCN1975.jpg

I've got similar thoughts.

I own a LX450 & a 60. I abuse that 60 and it still keeps tickin'. It's rusted as hell and the transmission is rough, but it still hauls the firewood and goes in the mud.

The LX450 is my daily driver. It's role is to get me thru Armageddon.

Buit, I am itchin' to get me a 100 next. The :princess: has a Honda Pilot and it is very reliable. But I would love to have 3 gens of LC's. I think once the >04's get down in price, I'll be able to convince the :princess:. Great trucks, no matter what.

It's been over a year now since we sold our expedition built 97, and got our Hundy. I thought I liked the 100 better, but for some reason, I'm not as comfortable taking it offroad as I was in our 80. It just doesn't feel like a rugged enough rig as our old one. We also like the looks of the 80 also better than this one. The advantages are better towing for our tent-trailer, and more leg room, (I'm 6' 3"), but that's all. I'm finding myself searching online for another 80 every night when I get home now!!

Is it strange to not feel as comfortable taking it offroad? Anyone else wish they'd kept their 80 instead of getting their 100?

Have you checked out the current "live from Moab" thread? The 100's are plenty capable!

I'll chime in with my thoughts.... I own both, a built '91 with Chevy conversion and a stock 2000. I've thought a lot about an eventual build on the 2000...currently I feel the 100 does what it was designed to do SO WELL that I don't want to mess with it. As mentioned before highway travel is incredibly refined (put on new Michelin LTX's last year), gravel road travel is quiet and controlled, and it certainly can handle some rocks and small ledges in stock form.

I had the 100 in Moab last year for mainly a sight seeing, hiking, and mountain biking trip (opposed to wheelin'). We ended up driving about 25 miles in on the White Rim Trail in Canyon Lands. My brother (who drove over from Denver to meet me) rode along in the 100 and could not believe how quite and smooth it was over the rough trail. I decided that day, that the stock 100 Series was designed JUST for the White Rim Trail; it made the experience that enjoyable.

The 80 will be called to duty for wheelin' and camping trips. It's certainly a pleasure owning both.
Cruiser100MoabSpring08.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom