80 series seat motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone happen to know the thread size and pitch on the plastic end cap for the front seat motor? I was told that more than likely is 14 × 1.00.

Just as an FYI you can order those pre made for only a few buck from a Mud vendor/member. Two of his new seat caps will only cost you 15 bucks.

The thread looks a little damaged I still need to tap it. I'm going to order some gears also. But first I need to make sure that the threads will come back.

The threads in one of my plastic seat motors where the end cap screws in was in poor shape. Due to that the cap kept falling out.

So when i had my seat out to install my new plastic gear i used a very small drill bit to not only cross drilled the housing, but drilled through the very end of the cap too.

Then i installed a very small metal screw that's made to cut threads in plastic to insure that the cap couldn't come out, unless i removed that screw first.

I did this repair a few years ago, since doing that repair I've had Zero problems with that power seat.

Not sure if you have made repair. We had the same issue with the seat not going back and forth. Tried a new cap and it worked for a while. Cap then came off again. Bit the bullet and ordered the complete plastice gear housing. This is the part with cap and converts the front spindle to turn the seat adjustment rod. After removing the old, inspecting no cap would of solved the problem. After many years, 20, the plastic inside is worn out and frayed. It piles up inside and this is what pushes the cap off. Worth the cost and convience of moving the seat.

Then i installed a very small metal screw that's made to cut threads in plastic to insure that the cap couldn't come out, unless i removed that screw first.
^^
I did nearly the same thing just slightly different placement of the screw. Been working very well for a long time!

Once you get the cap to the correct adjustment, it shouldn't really ever need to be changed after that. my seat was completely stuck every time the cap would spin out. so this was an easy fix and just cost me a little bit of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom