80 Series rollover on "Matt's Offroad Recovery" Youtube channel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's understandable and all too easy to get a little suspension bounce at the wrong time. All it takes in some situations.

Her reaction to it was actually pretty quick (you can see the brake lights come on)....so that 'seat of pants feeling' that you might be going over was already there. Even more experienced driver's might not have thought to take evasive actions or had time to do it.

Easy to look at it after the fact and suggest a corrective 'maneuver'....not quite so easy to employ it when its YOUR ass puckered. That is not lost on me. I've been in my share of precarious situations. Sometimes there's a remedy, sometimes not. But always good to have thought about them beforehand and to draw on the experiences of others.

So glad no one was hurt and always shocked to see how much the 'lid' can crumble on these things. Makes one think even a minimal roll cage inside might make a difference. But so little room for one.
Not true at all. If I was behind the wheel in that specific line, I would've felt the off-camber from a mile away. When the truck started tipping, I would've smashed the accelerator and locked my steering to the left effectively kicking the ass end out like a skateboard. During the swing counter-clockwise, I would've had time to ensure my passengers were safely buckled in, R2 the PHH, checked my oil, and made a pot of 203 degree black coffee. That lady didn't react well at all; lesson learned.

Last edited:
I would've smashed the accelerator and locked my steering to the left effectively kicking the ass end out lick a skateboard.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not true at all. If I was behind the wheel in that specific line, I would've felt the off-camber from a mile away. When the truck started tipping, I would've smashed the accelerator and locked my steering to the left effectively kicking the ass end out like a skateboard. During the swing counter-clockwise, I would've had time to ensure my passengers were safely buckled in, R2 the PHH, checked my oil, and made a pot of 203 degree black coffee. That lady didn't react well at all; lesson learned.

Then go drop your 'cape' off at the cleaners...............right? ;)

ROWDY!! ^^^^^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom