80 Series Part- What Should We Make? Dash or Washer Bottle (1 Viewer)

Would you rather have the Early Dash, Windshield Washer Bottle

• 91-94 Early Dash

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • 92-97 Washer Bottle

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Something Else- Send me a PM

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another vote for "Is there already a 95-97 upper dash available?"

Re: the "upper dash", is that the colored (Grey or Oak) vinyl "crash" pad or some other part??

Re: the OEM (large) washer bottle, that's NLA but a smaller bottle which has maybe half the volume of the original bottle is still available last I checked but most people IMO would likely want the larger bottle if a Repro could be made.

FWIW to keep the UV damaged bottle in my 96 model from falling apart I poured a layer of two part clear epoxy over the top. I used enough to cover the UV damaged top closest to the fender but not enough to drip down the sides. Not a perfect solution but at least it's still intact and doesn't leak.

Agree with above, we all should have done something 20 years ago to protect the plastic bottle from UV damage ie: put something opaque over the top of the bottle, a dark coating, opaque plastic sticker, or even a slip-on sleeve or jacket to protect the plastic from UV rays.

Last edited:
I had the same question didn't think they were in high demand

I'm sure someone will have some preventative maintenance excuse for it
The usual: if you don't keep them clean, or they run empty or develop the slightest hairline crack--your HG blows. So maybe worth the $500 after all...

I'm sitting on a fortune (washer bottle) and didn't even know :)

Replaced my original with a corolla bottle when I installed my S/C a couple of decades ago. So, the original is safe in the garage somewhere and totally out of the evil UV sunlight. Now if I spend 10 hours digging it out, I can sell it and buy a few gallons of fuel :hillbilly: Kids are already out of college, so don't need the $$ for their college fund...

Several hundred dollars for a washer bottle - NUTS!!

cheers,
george.

I paid $100 for a NOS full size 80 series washer bottle off Fleabay (US seller) a couple years ago, it may have been from the same guy on Fleabay who's now asking $500. So maybe it's his last washer bottle and he's hoping Elon Musk or Joe Rogan is looking for one??

Key IMHO is to do something about a brittle/crumbling washer bottle before pieces start breaking off ie: apply a clear epoxy coating or similar to reinforce it (at least until Repro bottle is available).

Last edited:
I paid $100 for a NOS full size 80 series washer bottle off Fleabay (US seller) a couple years ago, it may have been from the same guy on Fleabay who's now asking $500. So maybe it's his last washer bottle and he's hoping Elon Musk or Joe Rogan is looking for one??

Key IMHO is to do something about a brittle/crumbling washer bottle before pieces start breaking off ie: apply a clear epoxy coating or similar to reinforce it.
Joe paid ICON probably north of $250k for his 80 build; I'm guessing he already has one. Maybe even a spare. :)

Last edited:
I would buy a 91-94 grey bluish dash if it became available.

Edit I’ll buy both the dash and washer bottle

Hi-

We have 4-6 items in the que for the 60 series. We've put out a washer bottle and a dash, and received favorable feed back from 60 series owners.

We would appreciate feedback from the community on two products that have decent demand in the 80 series side; 91-94 Dash 55412-60010 and the 92-97 Windshield Washer Bottle 85315-60071 (lead to believe it supersedes 85315-60070)

The Dash would retail around $250

Washer Bottle around $150

We are open to making another part for the community, if we've missed the boat on understanding the demand/need of the community. We have plastics, metal forming, and casting capability.

Thank you in advanced for your feedback.
Are you only doing Land Cruiser stuff? Sheet metal parts for early Scouts (80 or 800 version) are non-existent and those are becoming popular again. I had to hand make a lot of replacement panels that someone with the right forming tools could reproduce fairly easily. Might be a market worth exploring.

I’ll also add a vote for the later year 80 series dash. Mines ok now but only a matter of time before it cracks. Also the plastic trim pieces on the floor at the door sills would be nice. Drivers front especially. Mines toast and no replacement to be found. Need the tan/oak color though.

Dunno if this is true everywhere, but in Az the sun bakes it through the hood/fender gap and makes it brittle. If caught early enough a coat of paint will protect it, but that ship sailed about a decade ago.
Some folks, like myself, have re-located the washer bottle to make room for an aux batt. Maybe that's why mine is still in good shape. My '94 lives outside in the weather 24x7x365 and the eastern OR sun has blistered many a sticker off it, not to mention clear coat paint, especially the hood.

I double checked. I think I'm wrong. Sorry
No worries. Each part is a massive capital investment for us. I'd rather people chime in and be wrong, then have crickets and we waste money making parts that already exist. Working capital is tight for us, just like everyone right now...

I’m actually surprised the upper dash would retail for only $250. I was ready to pay WAY more then that haha. Mine has a couple hairline cracks above the instrument cluster in the typical spot from being in the desert climate for almost 30 years.

No worries. Each part is a massive capital investment for us. I'd rather people chime in and be wrong, then have crickets and we waste money making parts that already exist. Working capital is tight for us, just like everyone right now...

Nice looking products! I love seeing other businesses building nice stuff with REAL skills! Please show more of your tools if you can!

I know little about injection molding (my background is stamping tools). If your presses have the capacity there is a solid demand for early Ford Superduty dash bezels. They are NLA. A super smart individual might mold a new bezel for a direct double din fit. Probably a thousand times more demand than 60/80 LC stuff.

I’m actually surprised the upper dash would retail for only $250. I was ready to pay WAY more then that haha. Mine has a couple hairline cracks above the instrument cluster in the typical spot from being in the desert climate for almost 30 years.

I just looked for it after Beno's comment and it was >$700 - where do you see it for $250?

I just looked for it after Beno's comment and it was >$700 - where do you see it for $250?

If you look at the 60 series dash made by @TRFarmers company it is not the upper dash pad but the bezel where switches etc are mounted making the $250 price more in line. The $700 is more in line with the dash pad.

1676663466816.png

The OP is not referring to the $700 vinyl Crash (Dash) pad. See photo above.

Apparently I missed this thread, but I'd really like the dash instrument panel (lower part) for my 93. The back says 55412-60010 and 55412-60030. Not sure which it is, but this is what it looks like. I'd kill for a new one.
s-l1600.jpg

I bet a console lid thats both wider and taller but stull uses the stock style mounting and latch would be a hot seller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom