80 Series Part- What Should We Make? Dash or Washer Bottle (1 Viewer)

Would you rather have the Early Dash, Windshield Washer Bottle

• 91-94 Early Dash

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • 92-97 Washer Bottle

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Something Else- Send me a PM

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRFarmers

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.therustfarmers.com
Hi-

We have 4-6 items in the que for the 60 series. We've put out a washer bottle and a dash, and received favorable feed back from 60 series owners.

We would appreciate feedback from the community on two products that have decent demand in the 80 series side; 91-94 Dash 55412-60010 and the 92-97 Windshield Washer Bottle 85315-60071 (lead to believe it supersedes 85315-60070)

The Dash would retail around $250

Washer Bottle around $150

We are open to making another part for the community, if we've missed the boat on understanding the demand/need of the community. We have plastics, metal forming, and casting capability.

Thank you in advanced for your feedback.

Definitely washer bottle.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I would like an early dash bezel that has additional switch cutouts where the OEM has "fake" cutouts.

I would like to see a multiple gauge A-pillar pod or a pod that mounts on the very left corner of dash next to the A-pillar.

Dash

i have an extra washer bottle :geek: who needs one lol.

The dash hvac/stereo instrument cluster part would be interesting... however, I'd bet the black dash cluster 'shroud' part above that would be needed more. The cluster shroud mounting holes tend to blow out.

Please post links or send me a PM with links. I do not want to reproduce something that is already being made.

I have seen new OEM ones for sale on eBay for around $500, but nothing aftermarket.
I assume you're already aware the OEM washer bottle is NLA, so you chose it as a candidate to reproduce. But, of course, there are OEM ones out there to procure, which are NOS that someone sells for a premium, but that's beside the point.

Here's one on eBay for only $1,000 Toyota Land Cruiser Wiper Washer Windshield Fluid Reservoir Tank 8531560071 OEM | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/324175580984 - hard pass

I assume you're already aware the OEM washer bottle is NLA, so you chose it as a candidate to reproduce. But, of course, there are OEM ones out there to procure, which are NOS that someone sells for a premium, but that's beside the point.
Correct, I am aware of the NLA status and high priced eBay options (but thank you for calling that out). Someone on 'MUD has allowed me to borrow one to design the tooling with (I won't say who as I don't know if they want that shared with the larger community).

@White Stripe had stated that he saw some online. I wasn't sure if he was stating the ones on eBay or if someone had in fact started reproducing them and the larger audience didn't know about the reproduction. We've come across several parts in the past that we thought should be reproduced only to find out someone was already doing it, but hadn't penetrated the Land Cruiser market effectively.

Thank you for all the back and forth, it helps solidify/better inform the decision.

Is there already a 95-97 upper dash available? I've been searching and couldn't find one in grey - mine is cracked and am definitely in the market.

Hmm just putting it out there washer bottles for several other toyotas are needed too. Hint toyota pickups from the early 80s. Not sure there is enough markert for them though.

The main issue with reproducing washer bottles is really at the end of the day you can largely make anything work. Just ask my '67 Scout where it's bottle came from 😄

What is it about the washer bottle that usually needs replacing?
Dunno if this is true everywhere, but in Az the sun bakes it through the hood/fender gap and makes it brittle. If caught early enough a coat of paint will protect it, but that ship sailed about a decade ago.

Dunno if this is true everywhere, but in Az the sun bakes it through the hood/fender gap and makes it brittle. If caught early enough a coat of paint will protect it, but that ship sailed about a decade ago.
correct. Historically they were not made with UV resistant plastic, or plastics that did not hold up well to UV light. I think Toyota was still using some of those interior parts plastic beads (hangover from 1st gen components) on some of the HDJ parts like the bottom half of the center console housing.

Correct, I am aware of the NLA status and high priced eBay options (but thank you for calling that out). Someone on 'MUD has allowed me to borrow one to design the tooling with (I won't say who as I don't know if they want that shared with the larger community).

@White Stripe had stated that he saw some online. I wasn't sure if he was stating the ones on eBay or if someone had in fact started reproducing them and the larger audience didn't know about the reproduction. We've come across several parts in the past that we thought should be reproduced only to find out someone was already doing it, but hadn't penetrated the Land Cruiser market effectively.

Thank you for all the back and forth, it helps solidify/better inform the decision.
I double checked. I think I'm wrong. Sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom