For Sale 80 series part time kit - Aisin manual locking hubs and Mark's spool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I went through the process of installing a part-time kit and realized it wasn't for me. I use my 80 in the snow and preferred the security of having full-time 4wd and ABS with my family in the car. The kit was purchased brand new from Slee Offroad about 4-5 months ago, installed by Georg of Valley Hybrids, used for a grand total of 2 weeks and 200 freeway miles, and then uninstalled by Georg, so rest assured that extreme care was taken with the parts. Here is what's included with this sale.

1. Marks part time spool for the transfer case.

2. Aisin manual locking hubs. Note: I had a high-end machine shop bore out the two dowel pin holes from 7mm to 10mm to accommodate the 100 series dowel pins. You can pick these dowel pins up at any Toyota dealership, mine are still being used with the standard full-time drive flanges.

3. Upgraded chromoly hub gears (standard Aisin hub gears also included on the side).

SOLD.

IMG_2601.JPG

IMG_2602.JPG

IMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2604.JPG

Last edited:
SOLD

Thanks for everyone's interest

Last edited:
Hello DMOZ, I know this is an old thread, but I had a few questions. If you have time:

-What was the MPG you got for your 200 miles? (It is my main reason for wanting the conversion on mine.)

-Did your LC drive better or maybe easier when it was in 2WD? (Mine turns like a tank, feels sluggish)

-Is it a project that a shade-tree mechanic can handle, or is there a definite need for a machinist?

Thank you in advance!
Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom