80 Series options and standards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I read that ALL 80 series built for the U.S. for 94 and later had diff. locks as a standard feature, not an option.... Is there any validity to this? The source was Vintageoffroad.com. If it is true, that would make looking for a locked cruiser easier.....

Thanks,

Blue 60

100% not true.

All years (91-97) had a center diff lock. 91-92 have a separate button to engage it, 93-97 are engaged automatically when the transfer case is shifted to low.

93+ had the option of the treasured front and rear diff locks acitivated by a KNOB to the LEFT of the steering wheel.

Nope, don't think so. When I was looking to buy and talking to the sellers, only about 1 in 4 or 5 had diff locks.

Not true by a long shot, of all the 93+ cruisers in the states, about 7% have lockers.

I've always wondered where that 7% figure came from as I've heard it before. Seems awfully low but only compared to my unscientific observations.

I've always wondered where that 7% figure came from as I've heard it before. Seems awfully low but only compared to my unscientific observations.

I seem to remember CDan saying that, but I could be wrong.

Tony

Correct, from me. From an answer to a question I posed to a factory rep in about 1996. I asked how many 80's they were ordering with diff-locks and his response was "About 7% of the total build".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom