80 series love in 300 series release vid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

COYS

SILVER Star
Threads
😍

Hug your 80 today.

The 300 looks siq esp the GR Sport!

457B125F-621F-41BC-9194-4C640AA07282.jpeg

27C20E0D-78FE-4A8C-BE6C-4721C16DEE82.jpeg

070FD49C-CA75-44ED-916C-7303B43BF7D5.jpeg

Last edited:
Should’ve interviewed the Mujahideen.

Looks like a run of the mill generic everything else. Not impressed. I think I like the Bronco better.

I like that new non-overlapping welding technique for the frame. And the weight reduction 👍

The video is actually pretty cool... sort of. Who teaches those folks the arm and hand gestures?
Check out 24:03 - looks like someone is checking their nuts...
And all this talk on eliminating driving fatigue just confirms what I learned quite a while ago - the seats in the 80 simply suck... ;)

Last edited:
Was hoping for something different, a leap forward (ie Retro), instead it's just another Mall-Cruiser (or Bland Cruiser). Hurts me to say that.

Last edited:
Looks like a run of the mill generic everything else. Not impressed. I think I like the Bronco better.

Bronco comes with a manual option...wish that was available for landcruisers so that the manual LC didn't have to die off...

I mean there are ways to get a manual in an 80 and 100 using OEM parts but I'm sure everyone feels my pain!

wait, I thought this was the last year of the LC?

I like it. No, I love it. Clean, classic lines and still iconic. I don't know what anyone expected from the 2022 model but I doubt the LC will ever be like what we think of the 80 series. It's just facts. And the new bronco is stupid. Looks like a squared-off Escape.

They make the 200 out to be a piece of outdated s***. Where were all the master designers during the design of the 200?

I still don’t know why they don’t spin off a relic redo of a 40. If that piece of s*** bronco can sell, they could sell a 40

I'm hoping they dropped the LC in the US in order to release a competitor to the Wrangler in the near future. It always surprised me that the Wrangler sells so well for so many years without competition. Ford finally stepped up, hopefully Toyota will as well. If they do an LC with a convertible top and removable doors, I'm sold.

You kids crack me up.
"Real Land Cruisers have leaf springs" was repeated ad nauseum by the 60 Series folks.
"Another soccer mom wagon" when the 80s first came out.

You all have very short memories.

Was hoping for something different, a leap forward (ie Retro), instead it's just another Mall-Cruiser (or Bland Cruiser). Hurts me to say that.

Edit: youtubby links don't appear to be working today

When you see a 40, 60, 70, 80 and even a 100 Series coming down the road, even at a distance, you know you’re looking at a Land Cruiser. With this one I think you’ll have to wait until you can see the grill emblem to be sure and that’s not a plus.

People always mention the Bronco but fail to realize the Defender would be more competition to the LC. SUV of the year and a Denver dealership already promising to fit 37's on one. I think Toyota saw the market in this segment fire up and realized they are bringing a middle east spec SUV carried over to the states and apparently were not ready to play with the others? Not sure why else the wouldn't other than they are tweaking the 300 here to better pair up with the Tundra that actually makes them money here then will release after the Tundra comes out. :meh:

I just want a new 80 series . ( cloth interior, lockers, diesel) I figure it would last me till I'm dead... the first one has lasted 27 years and is still going... ..

I just want a new 80 series . ( cloth interior, lockers, diesel) I figure it would last me till I'm dead... the first one has lasted 27 years and is still going... ..
I was thinking about the 300 citing the 80 for it's legendary off road performance. In the 80, it's mostly about hardware - solid front axle, plenty of clearance (instead of air dams) around the lower parts of the body, ability to fit larger tires, etc.

Makes me wonder how great an 80 would be if some of the whiz-bang electronic features found on newer LCs was applied to the 80. I'm thinking specifically about Crawl Control, but also other similar features. How difficult might these be to retrofit? Cost, would of course, be steep, but it sounds tempting. Not really a project I've seen detailed here, but sounds like an interesting possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom