80 series lc axle under minitruck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
im looking at swapping in an 80 series front axle under my 86 sas'ed pickup, and am wondering what highsteer options there are for these axles

will my minitruck highsteer arms bolt up to the the 80 series knuckles?

if they do, then where would a good place to get a new tierod/ draglink to fit this axle be?

input/opinions from anyone who has already done this swap would be great

thanks

I'm not sure what is available for options, but no your mini-truck arms won't bolt to the 80-series axle. That axle is very different in configuration, the arms actually bolt to the bottom of the knuckle, and the tie rod is behind the axle, under the hi-pinion diff. It's also a lot wider, and unless you're switching over to coils, you're gonna have to fab up spring perches too.

Once you get your steering arms figured out, the best place to get custom draglink & tierods made is http://www.budbuilt.com

I think there's only one option for 80 highsteer. I'm sure a quick search in the 80 section will find the answer to that... It's a totally custom swap, I think it's been done... But the benefits aren't worth the effort in my mind... The hi pinion diff will fit in a mini axle, the birfs are a little bigger I think, but you can get Longs for the mini, the width is there... 63.5, but the high steer set up is $$$ you have to make your own spring mounts, and now you have a front that's 5.5 inches wider than the rear...

Don't let me stop you, just giving you the info I have. :cheers:

The only highsteer I ever found: OTT Industries - the originals

I say go for it, between the width, and the bigger birfs (yet 24 spline axles) it is a cool swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom