80 series land cruiser not starting after vacuum hose was accidentally disconnected (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
LandCruiser won't start after the vacuum hose was accidentally disconnected while the engine was running. I'm hoping to get help with what I need to do to fix it.

need more info.

What Year Cruiser
What Engine
any Check Engine Light?
What vacuum hose was removed (there are only like a thousand of them)
What are you doing to it / what is being work on
What color is it
Does the water really spin backwards down under
Are the shrimp on the barbie?

need more info mate.

Still need more info bud, you missed half the questions I posted. To get the right help from us you need to provide excruciating detail. We are not there, can't see what you see, don't know what is going on etc. There are hundreds of things it could be, if you don't want to be chasing 99 wrong solutions you need to give us more. Don't take this wrong, I really want to help you but you are not giving me anything to start from.

Do you know what specific engine you have? 1fz-fe? It's likely a straight six not a v6. Because its LPG it would help to add photos of the engine and lines that were removed.

My dad took the head out and got it reconditioned. He put it all back together, lined everything up and it fired first go. But it wasn't idling correctly, it was blowing a little smoke. Dad started checking hoses and found a leak in the vacuum hose that goes into the intake. Before I could turn the car off, dad disconnected the vacuum hose, it started spitting then turned off. Dad now is going through fuses, checking them, replacing some and still not starting. I am genuinely grateful and very appreciative of your efforts to help us. Also, I am thankful that you are straight forward

Are we to assume that the vacuum hose has been repaired/reconnected? A few pix might help also.

Sounds good, take photos of the engine from above so we can see everything, then you can focus on up close areas as needed.

It sounds like you're not sure what engine you have and that's fine, with a photo we will be able to figure that out and get on the track to diagnosis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom