80 Series Land Cruiser Headlight / Grille / Lower Valence Compatibility (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a lot of thought I'm going to swap out my LX450 front end and replace it with a 93/94 style front end from a LC. That being said there seems to be a few differences between the years which will affect the overall fitment and I want to make sure I'm buying the proper parts. :wrench: So please correct me if I'm wrong!

Based off of my searches on our forum looks like ill need the following:
  • Headlight LH/RH (NLA)
  • Lower Valence (still available from Toyota 2/23)
  • Grille (still available from Toyota 2/23)
The US Land Cruiser headlights are different for the following years, and proper grilles and lower valences will be needed for the following
  • 91-94
  • 95-97
The headlight trim pieces (according to parts.toyota) seem to be interchangeable but there are different part #'s for the different years. (still available from Toyota 2/23)
IMG_3596 copy.jpeg

Additionally, how much would a complete set of LX 450: LH/RH Headlight assembly (with trim pieces), Grille, & lower valence w/ turn signal lamps sell for?

All are in excellent condition although a bit dirty, with the exception of the grille (small hairline crack towards the top)
IMG_3596.jpeg

IMG_3601.jpeg
IMG_3612.jpeg
IMG_3614.jpeg
IMG_3617.jpeg

You are correct to do 93 94 grill you will need lower valance, head lights and grill all from early years.
Find a cruiser yard and just see if they will trade

The grill for the 91-94 Land Cruiser is an updated part number. You will find it has three holes on the left side. Why? For the Turbo emblem used in non USA trucks.
if you don’t want the holes you will need get a used part from USA spec truck 1991-1994 in a junk yard.

The grill for the 91-94 Land Cruiser is an updated part number. You will find it has three holes on the left side. Why? For the Turbo emblem used in non USA trucks.
if you don’t want the holes you will need get a used part from USA spec truck 1991-1994 in a junk yard.
I already got it! A little bit of epoxy wouldn't hurt to fill in the holes, I'm planning on painting it anyways.

You don't really need anything other than the grill. The gap at the valance is pretty minimal. Pic of my 97 with only the earlier grill installed
20220517_123556.jpg

I installed an early grill/valance on my 97 and didn't touch the lights. I do recall needing to mod the grill a bit to help it sit flush but as I recall the mods were trivial/easy and limited to the grill.

20230216_183543.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom