80 Series land cruiser driveline vibrations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Edit :The vibrations go away when I lock the hubs to 4wd with centre diff lock on/ off. vibrations start as soon as i switch back to rear wheel drive. Also when vibrations start it feels like the car had a fair bit drag on it needs a bit more right foot to keep it going doesn’t role as freely. Vibrations happen around 40/50kmh and get worse the faster you go only in rear wheel drive it happens
DAB89E30-B40E-4379-9E98-CF911E441521.jpeg
4D4F27DF-676E-4178-BB98-9CF760512A71.jpeg

Hey fellas just chucked a 4” lift in and getting this sort of humming/ vibrating noise which sounds drive train related. Can feel the vibrating through car. Only does it sometimes and say the humming/ vibrating starts if you accelerate a bit more it goes away or if you slow down it goes away. Does it when rolling in neutral and drive mostly happens once u get up to higher speeds. It is part time 4wd
4” front 2” rear
aswell Any suggestions what it could be ?

Edit :The vibrations go away when I lock the hubs to 4wd with centre diff lock on/ off. vibrations start as soon as i switch back to rear wheel drive. Also when vibrations start it feels like the car had a fair bit drag on it needs a bit more right foot to keep it going doesn’t role as freely. Vibrations happen around 40/50kmh and get worse the faster you go only in rear wheel drive it happens View attachment 3191486View attachment 3191487

Hey fellas just chucked a 4” lift in and getting this sort of humming/ vibrating noise which sounds drive train related. Can feel the vibrating through car. Only does it sometimes and say the humming/ vibrating starts if you accelerate a bit more it goes away or if you slow down it goes away. Does it when rolling in neutral and drive mostly happens once u get up to higher speeds. It is part time 4wd
4” front 2” rear
aswell Any suggestions what it could be ?
One of the u-joints in the rear drive shaft needs a rebuild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom