80 Series, Head Gasket, Super Charger, Knuckles and Terrain Tamer Brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OTRAMM

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.otramm.com
This truck started out as a Supercharger and preventative head gasket install. Turns out the head gasket was already leaking and the head was really warped. Head is at the machine shop still being trued up. In the mean time we figured if we're going to make it faster, we should make it stop better as well. Installing some Terrain Tamer pads and rotors for extra stopping power.
20170127_112940.jpg
20170112_184153.jpg
20170112_185321.jpg
20170126_092117.jpg

All I can do is smile...
Check out that new pulley and tensioner!

Last edited:
Ryan did an awesome job with this install.
The difference in power is obvious and I can't seem to wipe the grin off of my face when I'm driving the 80.
The S/C was definitely meant to be mated with the 1FZ.
Oh and the Terrain Tamer brake kit...top notch.

What was the mileage on the motor?
Redoing the head what kind of reliability can be expected? And of course with the improved stopping power that's awesome!
What was the cost for the entire process. Just picking up my first cruiser its a 84 fj80 with 270k. FJJJ

If I remember correctly the motor was at 180K. Reliability with a new head gasket should be good as long as it's done correctly. I've done several that are now 5-6 years old and have been cross country a few times. As far as cost there are a ton of variables that can impact it quite a bit. If you'd like shoot me a PM and we can discuss options.

+Ok so TRd supercherger and new head by PO I did all the terrain tamers discs birfs koyos etc myself now Im looking for a SS exhaust mine tucks up my cyas into the metaltec slider and up in frame is that what your working on now?? and any idea on price point

This truck is actually the one that got the stainless exhaust i built last week. I need to get an 80 into the shop that still has the factory hangers on it so that I can make fixtures. I'm not 100% on pricing yet but I'm shooting to keep it around 1500.

Reactions: RFB
hell man Ill come to VA and give you a rig to work on im in mass.

well im in

Swing by Cappy's and pick up some Woodford for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom