80 Series guy in the 200 Section.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overland Tailor

Boltripper
Threads
Website
www.overlandtailor.com
Just wanted to say hello and thank you all for a great 200 Series Forum. I've been in an 80 since 2013 with 2UZFE V8 Conversion and the wife has had a LX470 and we just parted with her LX570 for this 2018 Land Cruiser.

I've been creeping around the 200 forum for some time and really find this a great group of people. Like @mcgaskins said, the people alone are reason to get a 200 Series and I tend to agree. Anyway, appreciate everyone and looking forward to enjoying the 2018.

Kind regards,

John

2bkhL9e2MSVanhBoPrEAkd3VQENkQT-KTCK6ARbZaohsqwmHBxx77c9gmOE=w2400

Great post, and I agree.

One of the things I quickly notice on nearly any other forum is the attitude difference. There really is a different feel here—where people want to help...and are far less likely to make people feel dumb for asking questions, or not knowing things. Also a very wide range of perspectives here, with leeway for different approaches & uses.

Short version: You don’t have to be a bad-ass-attitude guy to feel welcome here. If that was the feel, I’d have been gone years ago.

I learn new stuff constantly here, and it’s fun to learn and do stuff when there is a helpful group of folks to work with along the way.

Anyway—glad you found your way here.

Last edited:
Welcome! Fellow 80 and 200 guy here too :cheers:

IMG_0073.JPG

John,

Welcome. Where'd you get those headlights for your 80? I had a 60 that I sold to get a Tundra TRD PRO. Wife's got a 200 and since I have a truck for work I've been thinking about selling the Tundra and getting another 60, but man the prices on those are getting nuts. Much nicer 80's out there and more reasonably priced. Just curious in case that ever happens.

John,

Welcome. Where'd you get those headlights for your 80? I had a 60 that I sold to get a Tundra TRD PRO. Wife's got a 200 and since I have a truck for work I've been thinking about selling the Tundra and getting another 60, but man the prices on those are getting nuts. Much nicer 80's out there and more reasonably priced. Just curious in case that ever happens.

@Big Timber The headlights are the glass Depo's with HID conversion. I'm running 55W Morimoto's with XB (D Series) Bulbs. Super sharp cut and are still brighter than the 200's... I know the Depo's were gone for a long while, but I just saw a post in the 80 Forum that someone waited 8 months and finally got a set.

My Conversion was done by Nick at the Retrofit Source in Atlanta.

Cheers,

John

40, 80, and 200 here. Love my 80 the most, but the 200 is awesome and is a close second! 200 is a wonderful road trip machine.

Sweet! Hope to see more soft goods for the 200!

@bozochu Thanks and yes, 200 Products are coming.. Already working with @ethernectar on a nice document bag so big props to him for all the detail work and specs.. Should have it 100% ready to go next weekend. Just adding some loop panel to the front for name plates and decreasing overall height by about 2".... Hope you all like it

IMG_3180_zpsb3szipxf.jpeg

Cheers all,

John

40, 80, and 200 here. Love my 80 the most, but the 200 is awesome and is a close second! 200 is a wonderful road trip machine.

@littlegreenmonster Great stable of Cruisers my friend. Agree that the 80, especially with the V8 2UZFE is almost perfect, but my back will agree that the 200 is top notch on long trips. I was ready for more even after a quick 750 miles from Virginia back to Birmingham when I picked the 200 up. I've added custom orthopedic Scheel-Mann seats to the 80, but the 200 is just so nice.

Cheers,

John-

my 80 is stock on the inside......I can live with the 1FZ, but I need upgrade the seats. They have been recovered, but still leave something to be desired. I bought some Sequoia seats and built brackets, just couldnt get them low enough. they sat too high so i pulled them and sold them.
IMG_3894.JPG

IMG_4705.JPG

my 80 is stock on the inside......I can live with the 1FZ, but I need upgrade the seats. They have been recovered, but still leave something to be desired. I bought some Sequoia seats and built brackets, just couldnt get them low enough. they sat too high so i pulled them and sold them.
View attachment 1854712

View attachment 1854713

Love the 6M1... Even with mud on it~

The Scheel-Mann gave me both head and leg room with the planted brackets and Scheel-Mann Sliders. I'm hopeful that the 200 seats will hold up and stay supportive over the years.

Cheers,

john

My 80 is the workhorse

1AE2C3DF-8C1D-4E19-A17A-32B34A392188.jpeg

One of the things I quickly notice on nearly any other forum is the attitude difference. There really is a different feel here—where people want to help...and are far less likely to make people feel dumb for asking questions, or not knowing things.

I def sense some of this 'tude coming from some of the veteran members on the 80 forum. It's really weird. Maybe I should get a new 200... :D

2UZ in the 80 - nice! Love the 200 refreshed - looks a lot like the 80 front end.

0CF37AE5-A345-4C4F-8376-7080084E73B1.jpeg
I have been through 4 80 series LCs over my lifetime but loved my 200 so much that I got rid of the HDJ81. Here is a pic of the collection before selling off the 81. Looking to build up the 200 now and have learned so much from those who have posted here. I wish more people would create dedicated build threads since there are a ton of great looking cruisers on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom