80 Series General Tech and Classifieds (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Confused? What part? Still having trouble?

Acted up again.
So I changed out the fusible link with the one you gave me. had trouble again. so I decided to order the part to see if that is the problem. Hopefully a new part will not have this issue. If it still does I am at a loss.

Wiring is my weakness.

So I am at a loss if replacing the fusible links do not work.

Question:
I like to keep things , wiring in this instance, as close to stock as possible. I believe that these fusible links are there for a reason, therefore I am hoping that replacing them with new ones will alleviate this issue.

If not.

I may just bypass the black box and the other grey connector and run straight to the battery.
Has anyone done this or replaced the fusible links with a big fuse?
Are there any other fusible links ?

It seems like the issue is close to the battery. if i jiggle the wires i can get the engine to start.

I have searched and most people have just replaced the fusible links in the threads that i have found.

Lenny, try this. Remove all the added accessories from the pos bat post (winch, tunes, lights, etc) and put back only what was original. Tighten the piss out of that wing nut (or better yet replace it with a nut and lock washer). I bet your problem is solved. If so, we can make a secondary buss bar for all of the added options to connect.

Lenny, try this. Remove all the added accessories from the pos bat post (winch, tunes, lights, etc) and put back only what was original. Tighten the piss out of that wing nut (or better yet replace it with a nut and lock washer). I bet your problem is solved. If so, we can make a secondary buss bar for all of the added options to connect.

Bible.

If I read what the issue was, that it cranks, but won't start, check out the EFI relay. That is a known issue.

It will start. when it has an issue it will just click.

I bypassed the fusible link and still had the issue. I also removed the accessories like you mentioned earlier before i posted this up. It was part of my trouble shooting. If i mess the the wires it will either fix it or mess it up.

keep in mind that it worked fine for 5 years with all the accessories attached to the positive post like you see. I only had issues since i took them off and cleaned each connector due to corrosion. The wing nut was hand tightened over the 5 years with NO issues what so ever.

So i think i messed up the wires to the fusible link when i cleaned em. If i replace it with the new ones and still have the issue then I will just say F it and drag it to Slee for a V8 swap ; )

Could it be the starter solenoid contacts?

Can I get to the truck Thurs morning? I have a little time on my way home from SC

Can I get to the truck Thurs morning? I have a little time on my way home from SC

I am so hoping to have this fixed by then!

But if not I would love for you and Sherrie to see my new to me house.

I am real close to 55 now in Madison.

I don't want to put you guys out of your way. Thanks though.

New house? Does it have a shop?

is the harness intact at the EGR pipe ? they have been known to melt there

Craigslist find. Price looks great!

image-1385285486.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom