80 Series General Tech and Classifieds (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

214HP to the wheels in AWD is impressive...how much boost does that require?

6-7 psi. That’s what the stock ECU & fuel system can mange.

@geologic is going to build one bored out to 4.6L with lower compression, aftermarket ECU, and 14+ lbs of boost.

I figured that's about all the stock head/head gasket could manage...

You doing that work, or is this a powderpig special?

I just made that up, but he should!

6-7 psi. That’s what the stock ECU & fuel system can mange.

@geologic is going to build one bored out to 4.6L with lower compression, aftermarket ECU, and 14+ lbs of boost.

Of course he is 😎

Of course he is 😎
Looks like some of the question around the performance will be delayed. The truck was totaled on the way to the Sema garage.... Ouch!

I’d like to do just that, BUT, I’ll be good to get my new 1FZ-FE put together and in the truck with the Wits End Turbo Kit installed per Wits End instructions. I’ll be using the factory set up except I’ll be using Joey’s key chains and a catch-can set-up. If I modify that plan to the above “Cam-aided” build, I will require help. I invested in the development of the kit with the early pre/order group. The price of the pre-order now has risen, see Joey’s post.

Your the social chairman, and creative art genius of Cottonland. You’ve helped me on a few builds with your posts and “phone” consults. You don’t owe me anything! I was in good company. But keep the group churning with that high energy please sir. Of, course I’d always enjoy some good cruiser company. I have the factory manual and have studied sealing the 1FZ together, no factory oil cover or oil pan gaskets. However, when it comes to actually getting it sealed together as a long block; I have no confidence in my first shot to be sure it’s not going to leak once in the truck. So, it sits as I build the other three trucks. If anyone knows of a good video of the process that’s going to make me decent the first time; that’s what I need to get over this hump. I’m pretty sure that 5 lbs of boost is what’s going to be CARB certified and what the stock motor computer is able to handle. I would like to use a Cometic gasket but my new factory short block has a rough surface area beyond their requirements, don’t want to disassemble a factory short block for that! So Rob told me That Cometic might make a custom copper first layer gasket for me. I haven’t called to check on that yet. Does anyone have a good source for Cometic? If not, I’ll used this latest Toyota HG that I already have with a new set of head bolts. These are the things that are making me hold off.

I’m very happy with the Wits End Turbo development. I have two 40ths in antique sage that are e-locked. Thanks @Bossman for sharing the set of locked axles. The Turbo kit was developed in the absence of the TRD supercharger kit to be able to go onto a stock setup and provide reliable CARB certified horsepower with quality components like the rest of the truck. I’m a Toyota parts fan junky. I believe the value of my trucks will eventually be greater with this kit on instead of the LS1 swap I started and stopped. I’m a fan of the LS swaps but not on these numbered edition 80 series trucks. Cam Snipered my 60 and it seems to have a third more power and torque. Plenty of power for the way the 60 suspension handles, I see why Nolen says that the stock 60 suspension just isn’t meant for that much power. I see why Cam added the 80 chassis components to his LS swapped 60. I get Nolen’s “89 and older” group now, really didn’t at first. Thought he was just hating on 80s. But there’s just something nostalgic about driving a stock Toyota design that’s very basic in nature. I know that I pay more for factory Toyota powered trucks and I believe that most Toyota LC buyers are leaning that way as well. I place much more value in the added hp to my Toyota motor than I do in a GM substitute. It’s just a different drive that I enjoy more even in the 80 series. I’m no turbo expert but I’ve read up on this for while and I’d enjoy talking to any of you that are considering the kit. I have no financial interest in Joey’s company other than getting one of the first kits for an early investment.

Your the social chairman, and creative art genius of Cottonland. You’ve helped me on a few builds with your posts and “phone” consults. You don’t owe me anything! I was in good company. But keep the group churning with that high energy please sir. Of, course I’d always enjoy some good cruiser company. I have the factory manual and have studied sealing the 1FZ together, no factory oil cover or oil pan gaskets. However, when it comes to actually getting it sealed together as a long block; I have no confidence in my first shot to be sure it’s not going to leak once in the truck. So, it sits as I build the other three trucks. If anyone knows of a good video of the process that’s going to make me decent the first time; that’s what I need to get over this hump. I’m pretty sure that 5 lbs of boost is what’s going to be CARB certified and what the stock motor computer is able to handle. I would like to use a Cometic gasket but my new factory short block has a rough surface area beyond their requirements, don’t want to disassemble a factory short block for that! So Rob told me That Cometic might make a custom copper first layer gasket for me. I haven’t called to check on that yet. Does anyone have a good source for Cometic? If not, I’ll used this latest Toyota HG that I already have with a new set of head bolts. These are the things that are making me hold off.
Use HondaBond to seal timing cover and oil pan. It won’t leak.

I have the marker lights from my 95 Landcruiser, in pretty good shape one has a crack as you can see in pictures, if you are interested 50.00 will get them. we will be coming to the cookout so I can deliver there if you would like.

JTiQJOrsSlulIK4Pe0OWvA.jpg
tW%+LqfZRXaIoEruCyu8MQ.jpg

Last edited:
I have the marker lights from my 95 Landcruiser, in pretty good shape one has a crack as you can see in pictures, if you are interested let me know. we will be coming to the cookout so I can deliver there if you would like.

View attachment 1958242View attachment 1958243

80 people should grab those corner lights. They are discontinued from Toyota.

I’d like to do just that, BUT, I’ll be good to get my new 1FZ-FE put together and in the truck with the Wits End Turbo Kit installed per Wits End instructions. I’ll be using the factory set up except I’ll be using Joey’s key chains and a catch-can set-up. If I modify that plan to the above “Cam-aided” build, I will require help. I invested in the development of the kit with the early pre/order group. The price of the pre-order now has risen, see Joey’s post. View attachment 1957536View attachment 1957537

So you got a new 11101-69107 as well? Why the new one? Both of these units are beautiful pieces of metal art.

@McDowra bring them to the camp-out and I'll take them home

So you got a new 11101-69107 as well? Why the new one? Both of these units are beautiful pieces of metal art.
Sorry Onur, I just now checked in. I’m assuming you mean the new head. I was trying to start with a new Toyota long block, this was as close as I could get. My original 168k long block had an oil-
3F654E2C-F237-4410-819F-9154CBE63C2B.jpeg
only head gasket leak. I had the head rebuilt and it looks new. Had to deck it 3 tenths only to make a mirror finish. The original short block looks great, ran good but I did find a couple of 1mm x 2-3mm chards of metal on the oil pick up screen, bore looks new, my son is going to need a rebuild before long so I’ll build that one back up as well.

Anyone know if any of the hard lines for the 80 are still available. Started up Bruce for the first time in a while and no peddle, crawl around underneath and find one of the main hard lines rusted and ruptured.

0511191648.jpg

The loopy one that feeds the front softline is the one that gave up the ghost.

Follow-up question: foind a diagram and the line I need shows discontinued for the FJ80, but the FZJ80 part is still available. Anyone know if they are the same part or not.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom