80 Series Front Bumper Rejuvenation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 97 has a front bumper that is splotchy, discolored so I took it took my favorite body shop and they wanted $800 to repaint the front and rear bumpers. Out of my budget. I don't want to repaint but was hoping there was a way to clean up the bumper (front in particular)? Any hacks on how to get them cleaned up?

Thanks!

If you search, you can buy a can of spray paint from SEM that's the perfect color match to the stock bumper.

Don't really know what the options are since we don't know what you mean by "clean up." Wash it? If there's paint transfer from parking lot incidents, laquer thinner will usually work. Polish and wax? Who knows? Show us a picture of the thing.

Other than standard wash buff wax or painting not sure what else you could expect to fix a blemish

If you search, you can buy a can of spray paint from SEM that's the perfect color match to the stock bumper.

Don't really know what the options are since we don't know what you mean by "clean up." Wash it? If there's paint transfer from parking lot incidents, laquer thinner will usually work. Polish and wax? Who knows? Show us a picture of the thing.

Pics attached

IMG_20200818_104507.jpg

IMG_20200818_104513.jpg

And that's after you washed it? Any idea what the stains are from?

Pretty sure you just have to wash and buff. See if that works. If not, buy a can of spray paint and paint it yourself.

And that's after you washed it? Any idea what the stains are from?

Pretty sure you just have to wash and buff. See if that works. If not, buy a can of spray paint and paint it yourself.
I've scrubbed and waxed it many times, doesn't come off. Not sure what it is but it was like this when I bought it.

Paint time. Codes can be found here:

paint it black

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom