80 Series Front Bumper Extension replacement bolts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Another obscure problem from the FJZ80 files...

In the process of stripping down the front end of my '96 LC to address some surface rust issues, I discovered that the plastic front bumper side extension nuts had seized to the mounting bolts, and the way these things are designed does not allow you any reasonable way of capturing the bolt to prevent it from spinning in the plastic retainer that it is glued onto the bumper extension with.

In the attached picture you can see what I am talking about. These are very low profile hex bolts, held in place with glued-on plastic retainers.

In order to remove the extensions to treat the rust, I ended up peeling off these plastic bolt retainers - but now I cannot find replacements.

Has anyone out there solved this problem and can you point me to the source for replacements?

I may just 3D Print replacements and grind down my own (stainless steel) bolts. But I would prefer to avoid that sub-sub-sub-project on this much larger project.

Thanks.

LC_Bumper_extension-bolts.png

D3A58607-38B4-4C56-9887-E417218686BE.jpeg
I may have found a suitable work-around, but these McMa$ter-Carr stainless elevator bolts are $11 USD each. Cough. Needs 6 for both bumper extensions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom