80 series engine rebuild, now check engine light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. I’m new here and new to the land cruiser lifestyle. I just got a 1993 land cruiser from my brother and had the engine rebuilt at Cane Toyota in Long Beach. After 6 months I got the vehicle back but today the check engine light came on. I was able to use the paper clip method to get the analog codes and saw the check engine light flash 3 times (pause) once (pause) 7 times ( pause) once. I’m assuming this means I have codes 31 and 71. Any advice as to what could cause this? Having just paid for an engine rebuild I am a bit concerned

5AE7710F-B60A-4C8D-A583-D36AC0D254B2.jpeg

Sounds to me like it needs to go back to the dealer for them to finish the job. It would be a lot of speculation not knowing what all they did. But if you paid for a rebuild and they had the truck for 6 months, they should hand the truck back to you in working order.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like it needs to go back to the dealer for them to finish the job. It would be a lot of speculation not know what all they did. But if you paid for a rebuild and they had the truck for 6 months, they should hand the truck back to you in working order.
thank you. I agree. I think I’ll take it back unfortunately

Your warranty situation not withstanding...guessing Kali emmissions precludes doing the loop-back and PAIR delete.
Otherwise recommend doing that if the dealer comes back saying, "Well the EGR isn't part of an engine rebuild blah blah blah"
Only mention as when I had my tranny rebuilt I got the, "Well replacing the NSS isn't part of a tranny rebuild blah blah blah."

Your warranty situation not withstanding...guessing Kali emmissions precludes doing the loop-back and PAIR delete.
Otherwise recommend doing that if the dealer comes back saying, "Well the EGR isn't part of an engine rebuild blah blah blah"
Only mention as when I had my tranny rebuilt I got the, "Well replacing the NSS isn't part of a tranny rebuild blah blah blah."
Ah man I hope that is not the case. After waiting 6 months and spending a good amount of cash I feel like the engine should run clean with no issues or codes. Lets hope they feel the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom