80 series e-locker interchange for 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Will an 80 series e-locker fit in a 100 series? If not, what are the issues? I'm talking about the rear axle. Thanks!

There was a thread recently about swapping the entire 3rd member. I think the biggest problem was the axle spline count is different. Don't remember if the elocker was mentioned. John

I've been searching everywhere and that was the only thing I could come up with. Do you have a link?

I'll have to double check my notes but I'm pretty sure you can run the complete 80 Series diff however you will need to run the 100 Series e-locker side gears (32 spline). At one point they were still available individually from Toyota but I've not checked as of late.

Thanks Kurt! Let me know if you have those part #'s.

Don't know about an 80 locker in a 100 but to put a 98-99 locker in a 00 up you have to do some trimming. I don't recall the thread I saved this from.

image.jpg

Is that a front housing? I should specify. I'm interested in the rear mainly.

Brand new 100 series rear e locker

I have a brand new rear 100 series e locker if your interesed?
I won't be using it on my build after all.

Get Slee to build you a rear third member with ARB and slide it in.

I have a brand new rear 100 series e locker if your interesed?
I won't be using it on my build after all.

How much are you looking to get?

Digging up an old post.

Does anyone know for certain if you can just swap the side gears on a 100 series E locker to get it to fit a older LC axle that's 30 spline?

Thanks!

The answer is Noooooooooooooo.
I have done extensive homework on it because I wanted to buy e locker set for my 105 series and I found that 105 series front differential is same as 80 series and rear differential is same as 100 series.
So the short answer is that 100 series rear differential is different from 80 series rear diff.
I have asked the same question last year on LCOOL.ORG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom