80 series complete axles for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ginericLC

Wagon Wheeler!
Threads
I have a pair of unlocked 80 series axles for sale. Stock gears. I'm really uncertain as to their exact value as I've never seen unlocked ones come up for sale. They are complete drive flange to drive flange with brakes, rotors, birfs, everything. The axle seals are in good shape. No leaks anywhere in them. They have ceramic pads all around. I've been toying with parting the front one out. The mini truck crowd seems to eat up hi pinion thirds fairly quickly. The rear I have a guy locally with a 91 who wants it. However, I'm still uncertain how to sell them. Is $1500 for the pair unreasonable? I'll entertain offers of seperating them or even parting out the front. I could use a spare birf for my long trips anyway. Won't be ready to ship until after Thanksgiving. But I could easily ship them the Monday after Thanksgiving. Oh and the front housing currently has slee caster plates installed on it. Those can stay or can be removed.

I was aware of that. I have a better idea what the rear is worth. I'm just not sure about the front. I think the front might be worth more in parts. I don't think a front 80 housing that is unlocked has a lot of value. But axles, birfs especially for spares, brakes, etc... would be worth something to somebody. I know the front thirds get quite a bit of $ from the mini/4Runner crowd. Also I wasn't sure if it was better to package them together or seperate. I don't want parts lingering forever.

If/when you decide to part out the front, let me know what you want for the inners and birfs. I could surely make room on my truck for spares.
Thanks!

$1200-1400 for locked

I have seen that kind of price for locked axles, however I have seen the e-locker that was an option on them go for much more. Un-locked, with stock ratios maybe $600-800, it would also depend on where you lived and how much shipping was involved. Where are you? I may give you an offer.

:whoops: I thought they were locked axles, otherwise I would jump on them if the price is between $1000 to $1400 and also if they were no more than 150K miles.

Why are you selling them? Did you do mod your rig with locking diffs?

We don't have a lot of buying and selling of individual 80 parts in Idaho that is why I was asking. I don't think there has been an individual in Idaho who has parted an 80 out. The local salvage yards want a ton for them. 700-1000 for non locked rears and $1100 for a rear locked but it is over in Portland. 1200-1800 for a front price doesn't seem to matter whether the front is locked or not. I just bought a wrecked truck with lockers so I'm just going to take the whole axles hub to hub and transfer them over. The cheapest I could get a locked pair locally was $2200 which made ARBs look really good. However parting this truck makes the axles a little more affordable. $1500 for the pair seems reasonable for Idaho compared to our salvage yards. But since our market is so tiny and I'll most likely be sending stuff out of state I wanted to know a price. I'm open to offers. Heck, I'll even start taking offers on individual parts for the front right now. What is the worse that can happen? I can say NO. There are trucks being parted out in Idaho by the salvage yards but I don't think there parts stay here. If you want something make an offer.

If parting out, I would like the castor plates.

Also, what if anything is good on the wrecked 80 you bought? Gonna sell parts off it?

I'm going to part the whole thing out. Lots of stuff is already spoken for. Probably the Friday after Thanksgiving I'll post an itemized list. The motor, tranny, and transfer are spoken for. The front clip is gone. But there will be quite a bit of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom