80 series Center console cooler with ice maker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyone used this on our US version LC 80 ? I might be able to get one but haven't found a thread about it . Is it efficient at all or how fast can it make an ice ? Are the voltage same with US version ? I'm thinking this came from a Dubai version LC . Pics below . Thanks

image.jpeg

It works well, I have one in my HDJ81.

That said, there's no way I would attempt to retrofit one. It works off of the AC system so you can't just bolt it in and wire it up.

Talk about pink panties, that's just ridiculous. However the 405 traffic will be more enjoyable with a nice chilled wiskey, I mean coke.

Makes ice in about an hour so, depending on how well your AC system works. I still have the original good stuff, so mines quite chilly. The only different voltages are for the starting system, everything else is all 12V.
They are pretty cool units :rimshot: Use ours all the time.

thats cool! do the ice trays say toyota on them?!!! @beno I need a dozen of these ASAP!!!

Not sure of this link will work...

ToyoDIY.com

They dont seem to have a part number. Just called up as :
88521D CASE, ICE

So this thing is expensive , accdg to that link.

Someone replaced the center console with an electric small freezer/fridge, they work quite well. Will take longer than an hour to make ice but it sure can make ice or at least keep drinks nice and cold, best part about that is you can hook directly to he battery so it is running while you are away.

Best part is it's only 300 bucks and just need a cig plug or proper 12v connection.

Damn. I've been working on one of these, except mine makes margaritas.
Guess I'll just trash it

Someone replaced the center console with an electric small freezer/fridge, they work quite well. Will take longer than an hour to make ice but it sure can make ice or at least keep drinks nice and cold, best part about that is you can hook directly to he battery so it is running while you are away.

Best part is it's only 300 bucks and just need a cig plug or proper 12v connection.
So this is just a plug and play ?

Wasn't that an option in many of the 80s Toyota vans?

This was on most JDM 80's. A retrofit is possible and has been done however, it is not a five minute job. And yes the AC has to be on to make it work, it is not a simple 12v plug in. You need the various AC lines to get it plumbed in, and of course an ECU to control it. To put it another way, if I could have, I would have imported a JDM to Spain, and fitted the axle lockers...........way easier!

But Spanish import rules are difficult enough without trying to import a non European vehicle...with the steering wheel on the 'right' side. :flipoff2:

regards

Dave

I have an OEM center console in the shed. It'l be installed one of these days. One point that has not been mentioned in this thread. It does not bolt into the Floor with the same brackets as the NA console. There will be some welding involved to bolt it in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom