80 series Caster Correction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently installed the icon 3” stage 1 suspension on my 97 LC. I installed the supplied caster correction poly bushings as a temporary fix until I could figure out a more permanent solution using OME rubber bushings. The poly bushings did NOT seem to correctly fix the caster as the front axle still had a noticeable forward “tilt” and the steering seems pretty unstable/erratic.

Slee radius arms seem to be sold out, but, they are also advertised for 6” lifts

Delta radius arms seem to have 3” and 5” options. I’m assuming that the 3” refers to the lift of the vehicle…anyone have experience with these arms?

Any other recommendations for correcting the caster?

Recently installed the icon 3” stage 1 suspension on my 97 LC. I installed the supplied caster correction poly bushings as a temporary fix until I could figure out a more permanent solution using OME rubber bushings. The poly bushings did NOT seem to correctly fix the caster as the front axle still had a noticeable forward “tilt” and the steering seems pretty unstable/erratic.

Slee radius arms seem to be sold out, but, they are also advertised for 6” lifts

Delta radius arms seem to have 3” and 5” options. I’m assuming that the 3” refers to the lift of the vehicle…anyone have experience with these arms?

A lot of people running the Delta arms now, they are a very nice upgrade for caster correction when compared to bushings.

See my previous thread. Long story short, get the delata arms.

Step one, determine the amount of actual lift.
Step two, have a shop measure your current castor.
Step three, source and install a castor correction solution that will result in between the factory range of 2 to 4 degrees positive castor.

Just installed the Delta Arms on mine. They look solid and well built. They also come in long versions, but unless you are running 37"s, probably not worth it. Do yourself a favor and have them shipped with new OEM bushings installed.

Not that I'm sparing any iron, but...

...how does it ride and drive on the current setup?

@eimkeith makes a good product. I have been super pleased with his drop brackets I used on my rig.

Radius Arm Mounts - https://eimkeith.com/ram/

On my 91 I used trunnion bearings to correct my caster and they also worked great!!!!!

You could do a full knuckle rebuild and swap in the new trunnion bearings for less $$$ than new arms and eimkeiths brackets are only $105.00

What about a cut and turn?
Band aids are in the eye of the beholder. For some, anything other than a high dollar solution is a band aid.

Not everything cheap is crap. And not everything cheap that is good is also easily done.

So a high dollar solution that is easily done doesn’t mean the others are band aids.

Not everything cheap is crap. And not everything cheap that is good is also easily done.
Agreed. I have seen the washer mod done on many rigs with long term success and getting caster in spec. I have no issue with that correction, at all. Cheap, yes at about $5. Easily done, not so much.

@eimkeith makes a good product. I have been super pleased with his drop brackets I used on my rig.

Radius Arm Mounts - https://eimkeith.com/ram/

On my 91 I used trunnion bearings to correct my caster and they also worked great!!!!!

You could do a full knuckle rebuild and swap in the new trunnion bearings for less $$$ than new arms and eimkeiths brackets are only $105.00

Thanks! Glad you're still happy with them.
Incidentally, I'm going with trunnion bearings/RAMs combo on mine. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom