80 series Canada import, any leads? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Maybe any leads who can help me import a hdj from
Canada to US? Thanks in advance!

it's one piece of paper at the border, you fly up and drive it back.

Maybe any leads who can help me import a hdj from
Canada to US? Thanks in advance!
Typically when importing vehicles you need a US customs 7501 form. Depending on where youre located, there's all sorts of potential other forms needed as well

Was there something specific you need a hand with?

Most of what's needed is found on the gov's website, you probably need a bill of sale and lein/title search, then have to get that to the border/customs guy within a certain amount of time (couple days or something) before you cross the border.

I've imported the other way and it was pretty simple.

In calgary if you need a hand with something from here, though you might be importing via vancouver BC.

Was there something specific you need a hand with?

Most of what's needed is found on the gov's website, you probably need a bill of sale and lein/title search, then have to get that to the border/customs guy within a certain amount of time (couple days or something) before you cross the border.

I've imported the other way and it was pretty simple.

In calgary if you need a hand with something from here, though you might be importing via vancouver BC.
Im more on vancouver side. I havent done it thats why. Is it worth a try do myself or just get a broker. It seems a lot people said its easy.

When I brought one up to Canada it was intimidating initially, but easy in hindsight. For the amount of paperwork involved it wasn't even really worth documenting.

If your importing from Vancouver, you might want to reach out with a separate thread for assistance with inspection, of find well known or respected shop to inspect it before making the drive. I've never heard of anyone actually having significant issues caught in an inspection but better to be safe. You probably know about the BEB work and other work that is usually done on a recall/preventative level on the 80 series diesels. Some shops will scare/pressure you into getting that work done from what I've heard.

And I do love me a vacation in the warmer weather of our southern neighbors by this time in a long winter! On the other hand, maybe our friends down south are interested in some snow wheeling!

When I brought one up to Canada it was intimidating initially, but easy in hindsight. For the amount of paperwork involved it wasn't even really worth documenting.

If your importing from Vancouver, you might want to reach out with a separate thread for assistance with inspection, of find well known or respected shop to inspect it before making the drive. I've never heard of anyone actually having significant issues caught in an inspection but better to be safe. You probably know about the BEB work and other work that is usually done on a recall/preventative level on the 80 series diesels. Some shops will scare/pressure you into getting that work done from what I've heard.

And I do love me a vacation in the warmer weather of our southern neighbors by this time in a long winter! On the other hand, maybe our friends down south are interested in some snow wheeling!
Thank you very much! Il keep this in mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom