80 series bonnet conversion over LS2 from Australia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_3225.JPG

IMG_3226.JPG

Jeez that's a nice shot :). We have some ducks and ducklings paddling around the dam at the moment too.

Last edited:
IMG_3227.JPG
A few Woodstocks calmed the nerves whilst fitting.......

That is the way Toyota should have made all the rigs! Damn dude, that is awesome! I don't suppose you have pics during the mod, the metalwork would have been nice to see. Now, How do I get you to make me one in the same color??? :flipoff2:

IMG_3229.JPG

Hope you guys thinks it's a good addition.
That is the way Toyota should have made all the rigs! Damn dude, that is awesome! I don't suppose you have pics during the mod, the metalwork would have been nice to see. Now, How do I get you to make me one in the same color??? :flipoff2:

Hey mate, yes I do, just got to dig 'em up. To get one made = bucket loads of $$$ to have it all done in metal. Was it worth it ? X10 it was.
Plus that 6.0 L98 goes like the clappers and sounds horn. I'll post up a video tomorrow. I tried out low range today with the Marks underdrive transfer gears and it bellows like an angry bull while the speedo reads 'zero'. In fifth at highway speed you just goose the accelerator (drive by wire now) and it squeezes you back in the seat effortlessly.

Now thats a good looking hood scoop! Doesn't look like an add on, more of a factory look. Well done!

EHejqQ.jpg
Heh heh.

Awesomeness exceeded !!!

WOW!

Damn well done......

I doff my hat to you sir...

Looks great, super clean build. Nice job!

Can we see some shots of the hood down, from the front of the rig?

Thanks,

-A

I gotta ask........

How many hours in that hood bonnet?

60?

Really nice work on the hood and engine conversion. A part-time transfer case with a L98. Amazing.

Last edited:
Very SWEET! That'd solve Joey's overheating issues too! Better not let him find this thread. I like this better than hood vents.

Very SWEET! That'd solve Joey's overheating issues too! Better not let him find this thread. I like this better than hood vents.

Oh don't think I haven't been following this and pondering. I'm waiting for him to answer CDAN's question first.

The tough part for you would be getting a VDJ7x donor hood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom