80 series aux gas tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fernandol

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.campinglab.com
I'm selling a brand new 80 series aux gas tank i got from man-a-fre some time ago, it is 40 gallons or so and comes with all hoses, clamps, fuel transfer pump, etc.
It also comes with a brand new dual filler neck i got from Toyota Venezuela.

payed about $1000 for it back then am asking $800 OBO

I am interested, any pictures? Are you sure it is 40 gallon? What exactly comes with it?
Rusty

I'm not totally sure of the capacity but it's big, I can measure it and calculate the capacity and also post some pics on monday. When i got the tank it was supposed to come with everything required for it's installation, i'm selling it as i got it with all hoses, brackets, fuel transfer pump, etc. I'm pretty sure it even has a fuel gauge.

Will post pics of everything on monday.

Great, the only reason I am asking is I went to their website and didn't see one that large but it is possible they don't sell it anymore.
Keep me posted - Rusty

What make and model is this? is this the long ranger model? how much shipping to 77064? I would love this upgrade too.

What's up Fernando? I was about to tell you to post it on MUD classified about your gas tank since MUD has heavier traffic than NFC. Guess I don't have to anymore. :)

I'll pick up the bumper in about a month or so after coming back from a vacation. Don't trash is just yet. ;)

Duke

Is it still for sale?

I will be on NW36 near the airport, tomorrow all day, are you anywhere near that area?

I am interested, so put me in line.

Karl

Just so you know, if it is between 36-44 gallons I will take it just let me know
Rusty

Checked the literature that comes with the tank and it is 150 lts, 39.6 US gallons.
The maker is Longrange Automotive, not Longranger the product is very similar though.

Rusty you are the first one up so please send your zip code to quote shipping.

pics:
IMG_2608.jpg
IMG_2610.jpg
IMG_2613.jpg

My zip is 75503, thanks for the pictures, looks great and just the size I was hoping for. Let me know the amount and send my your address and I will send you a cashiers check.
Thanks - Rusty

I was just reading the instructions, it says it mounts up under the original tank or something, do they mean in the spare tire location? That is what I assume but it isn't worded very clearly.
Rusty

I haven't actually measured the tank and calculated the volume but the supplied literature states 150 liters which comes to 39.6258 US gallons.

Yeah it has to be a different tank than ours, i did the math too. Im going to double check my paperwork tomorrow. Weird cause i didn't know they offered a 39 gallon tank. Nice to know. Great buy!

Ok here's the deal straight from Steve-O @ Man-a-fre. Our paperwork says 150LT too. It's a typo. Our tank only holds 24-25 gallons which would be like 105LT. Well the company that makes the tanks is pretty small... so Steve can see them making no changes to the install paperwork and leaving the old tank 150LT on it. Reason why it all changed was because Man-a-fre wanted a tank that didn't hang down quite as far so they shaved off approx 10 gallons. It all depends when you bought that tank. If you bought that tank 5 years ago, then its probably a 39. If you bought it more recently like within 1.5 years.. then its a 24.

Now, that being said.... your tank looks identical to ours. I wouldn't be suprised if it was indeed 24 gallons instead of 39. I can measure the depth of our tank if you need me too to make sure.

Last edited:
Ok here's the deal straight from Steve-O @ Man-a-fre. Our paperwork says 150LT too. It's a typo. Our tank only holds 24-25 gallons which would be like 105LT. Well the company that makes the tanks is pretty small... so Steve can see them making no changes to the install paperwork and leaving the old tank 150LT on it. Reason why it all changed was because Man-a-fre wanted a tank that didn't hang down quite as far so they shaved off approx 10 gallons. It all depends when you bought that tank. If you bought that tank 5 years ago, then its probably a 39. If you bought it more recently like within 1.5 years.. then its a 24.

Now, that being said.... your tank looks identical to ours. I wouldn't be suprised if it was indeed 24 gallons instead of 39. I can measure the depth of our tank if you need me too to make sure.

I bought the tank about 3 years ago, it's pretty big, as I said before i have not measured it but I had a 140 liters Longranger on Nissan Patrol I had a few years back and it was about the same size.

I'm pretty sure this tank holds more than 24 gallons, could measure it latter to make sure although it wouldn't be very exact since the tank is already palletized and bubble and shrink wrapped.

Fernando

Ok, I got a chance to run by the warehouse and measure the tank, roughly it's 36"X15.5"X21"

I did take the time to measure it as best I could and to calculate the volume by sections, it came up to 164 liters, so even though the tank is both bubble and shrink wrapped I feel pretty confident it is in fact a 39 gallon tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom