80 series ARB rear bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have heard rumors. Is there any truth?

I saw the 100 series and wrangler version at sema but i did not know that they building a version for the 80.

I was looking at that and actually communicated with ARB. They first told me June, then in July they said they hoped to have them by Sept. I ended up with Slee's.

Go to ARBs home page and send them an e-mail and maybe you can get something new.

ARB always starts hyping their stuff long before it is available. Go with a Slee or a Hanna.

Romer said:
I was looking at that and actually communicated with ARB. They first told me June, then in July they said they hoped to have them by Sept. I ended up with Slee's.

That is the same story that I got. I ended up with a 4x4 Labs rear bumper.

ARB makes great stuff, but i'll bet their rear bumper isn't as stout as slee's or 4x4labs or hanna.

concretejungle said:
ARB makes great stuff, but i'll bet their rear bumper isn't as stout as slee's or 4x4labs or hanna.

I bet you are correct.

Not everyone wants or needs the stoutness of the three you mention...so if the ARB is priced accordingly, they will have their niche. If they try to price up there with the bad boys, they will have to sell to the folks who are ignorant of the other options.

Come to think of it, that would probably account for quite a few people.

Dear ARB website user,

Thank you for your interest in ARB products. Your request for
information is
being processed and will be answered within 48 hours.

PLEASE NOTE - In the meantime, you can view the ARB 4x4 equipment
available for your vehicle at
http://arbusa.com/USA_Vehicle_Application_Guide.htm

Best regards,

The ARB USA team.

Those new bars are real nice but they don't look like they would handle any real harsh treatment like getting dragged over rocks. The bottom part of the swing arms is the bumper section so any damage to the lower section frame may mean difficulties closing the swingout . But they do look real nice probablly ok for a touring vehicle.

i like the double spare option. Thats honestly what io am looking for. A tire carrier that can handle two spares. I have thought of asking 4x4 labs to come up with something along those lines.

and the answer:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry to us here at ARB.

We have no ETA for this rear bar. Until ARB-Australia can keep up with the production on their continent, we will not be able to get these imported. I will but your name and email address on our notify list. As soon as these do become available, someone from ARB will contact you.

Best Regards,

Scott Cohen
Customer Service Manager

www.arbusa.com
Air Locker, Inc.
720 SW 34th Street
Renton, WA 98055-4814
425.264.1391 ph
425.264.1392 fax

TJM and Kaymar both have dual tire carrier options available. And yes, Luke at 4x4Labs can definately do a dual tire carrier on his bumper, as long as you're willing to cut off the rear crossmember on your frame (his 80 bumper requires this). In fact, I believe he has a new innovative way of attaching the carrier (and other attachments) so that the width is adjustable, meaning you can go bigger than just two 33" tires (like two 35s or maybe even bigger...???). Give him a call if you've got the cash and have no problem hacking your frame. But for a purely touring truck that won't see harsh use, you're probably better off with a TJM or Kaymar. TJM seems to be cheapest and lightest duty, but perfectly suited for a touring/expeditionary truck. I was actually looking into one of these for the 100 Series.

well its all hypothetical at this point. Just doin the research. I don't even have a cruiser yet. But i don't have a problem hacking the frame. But when i do get this thing is will see a great deal of use. This isn't going to be a mall cruiser. I need something that I can hang the truck from if i feel the need. :D

The 80 Series rear is going to be here.... just not until next year. Expect the worst... late next year. Any sooner than that is gravy.

Here's the reply I received from the President of ARB-USA today:

The 100 series bar is available in Australia but has not yet been
released for export due to high demand in OZ. I don't expect to
have the 80 series here until sometime next year.

Jim Jackson
President
ARB-USA
720 SW 34TH STREET
RENTON, WA 98055-4814
Tel: 425-264-1391
Fax: 425-264-1392

www.arbusa.com

Anybody heard any updates on the 80 series ARB rear bumper situation??? Well i guess this at least gives us time to save up for it :D

Not me I am going to bulid my own front and rear.I will post pics when I get them done.

word is.......if we seen them this year it will be a shock, I would bet more towards the 1st 1/4 of 2006

Is anyone running a 4 Plus bumper (STEVEO doesn't count)? The wait list for those suckers is long and you have to take your rig down to AZ for a few nights while they install it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom