80 series and a limited slip differential (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To your question.
Detroit True-trac for front diff
Auburn Pro series for the rear.
Both in 100k ago and still work.
Both are quiet.
True-trac can use Dino or Sunthetic no friction modifier needed.
Auburn recommends Dino and Ford friction modifier ( mine required 2 bottles to stop juddering from rear when reversing in tight turns).
Do you get any steering problems with the Truetrac up front?

Very useful LSD part info- thank you. I’m still running the stock LSD (295 axel) on my GCC Specs FZJ80 with 62k miles. LSD have not failed me yet. Made it through the many deserts of the Middle East and ice/snow of the U.S. North East.
Very useful in sand, mud, and snow.
I’ve rock-crawled in New England without any issues. If/when it fails, I’ll replace them with the above LSD parts/info.

Very useful LSD part info- thank you. I’m still running the stock LSD (295 axel) on my GCC Specs FZJ80 with 62k miles. LSD have not failed me yet. Made it through the many deserts of the Middle East and ice/snow of the U.S. North East.
Very useful in sand, mud, and snow.
I’ve rock-crawled in New England without any issues. If/when it fails, I’ll replace them with the above LSD parts/info.
Same here ! Driving fzj80 with 300k miles ! Lots of variety harsh offroad driving!
LSD also helps better corner handling in high speeds which lockers are not designed for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom