80 Series Accessory Mount Kits - Ditch Lights, CB Antennas, Ham Antennas (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

reznunt

Massive Metal Shop
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
massivemetalshop.com
Hey guys,

Check out the new 80 series Accessory Mount Kit I developed. Most of the pics below are of the 100 series kit which is in stock and currently shipping. Like the 100 series kit, the completely bolt-on 80 series kit will attach to the factory hood brackets and have all of the same features. The high level of adjustability from the slotted bracketry and the fully rotational design will accommodate nearly any equipment setup and allow for fine tuning. Install ditch lights, dual ditch lights, CB antennas, ham radio antennas, etc., all with one high quality modular mount! Full 304 stainless steel, full stainless hardware kit, shipped in raw finish. Pricing varies... order as much or as little kit as you need. Shipping is free. The kits are now in production!

***Now accepting preorders! Expected ship date is 07/01***
Scroll down for more pics!

massivemetalshop.com

.png

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
Can't tell in your pictures, but will the right side mount clear the stock antenna if there is an accessory mounted on the outer side of it?

Can't tell in your pictures, but will the right side mount clear the stock antenna if there is an accessory mounted on the outer side of it?

581636941.png

That all depends. The light's size, the style of the manufacturer's mounting bracket, how you choose to orient the L bracket, and the direction it's pointed in all play a role in clearing the antenna.

Speaking just of the profile pic above, if you run a light that has a mount toward the rear of the light (like these Baja Designs Squadrons) on the outboard side of the mount and point it directly forward then probably would interfere. The light is mounted at a forward angle in the pic... by reversing the BD mounting bracket (can be run either way) and rotating the L bracket back and the BD bracket forward may allow you to run this light on the outboard side.

A smaller light should clear without issue. A small but wide light (like a Baja Designs S2) pointed straight to the side would probably interfere with the antenna (I would guess), but you could probably get a KC pod to clear the antenna if mounted outboard.

They look like nicely made brackets.
I'd prefer button head hardware rather than chunky hex heads

Thanks! I chose the stainless hex bolts since they're common and easily replaceable, and most everyone will have the tools to install them. If there is a lot of interest then I will change the included hardware kit. As of now only you have shown interest in button head cap screws and one other person wanted carriage bolts. Since it's easier for the small few of you who wish to use different hardware to swap out the two bolts for whatever you like, for now I'll continue to supply stainless hex bolts.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Check out the new 80 series Accessory Mount Kit I'm working on. Most of the pics below are of the 100 series kit which is in stock and currently shipping. Like the 100 series kit, the completely bolt-on 80 series kit will attach to the factory hood brackets and have all of the same features. The high level of adjustability from the slotted bracketry and the fully rotational design will accommodate nearly any equipment setup and allow for fine tuning. Install ditch lights, dual ditch lights, CB antennas, ham radio antennas, etc., all with one high quality modular mount! Full 304 stainless steel, full stainless hardware kit, shipped in raw finish. Pricing varies... order as much or as little kit as you need. It will be similar to the 100 series kit pricing so you can check the site now for more info on that. Shipping is free.

The design is currently being finalized and should hopefully go into production soon. I'm estimating about 4 weeks until they start shipping. Once these go into production, I'll add them to the site for preorders.

massivemetalshop.com

View attachment 1996670

View attachment 1996671

View attachment 1996672

View attachment 1996673

View attachment 1996674

Those damn TE37X look amazing on your LC. The TE37 has been one of my all time favorite wheels.

Those damn TE37X look amazing on your LC. The TE37 has been one of my all time favorite wheels.

Thanks! But it's my buddy's ride. Those are actually my old wheels but that's not my 80.

Thanks for the extra pic - that certainly helps. I'm hoping to run a Baja Designs S2 and an NMO base antenna on each side of the hood. It's not the end of the world if it does end up blocking the OEM antenna, as I can't even remember the last time it got used...

They look like nicely made brackets.
I'd prefer button head hardware rather than chunky hex heads
the only one visible is the one on the outside holding the pieces together. I'm sure you could replace the hardware with whatever you like. For most the hex heads are just fine.

Thanks for the extra pic - that certainly helps. I'm hoping to run a Baja Designs S2 and an NMO base antenna on each side of the hood. It's not the end of the world if it does end up blocking the OEM antenna, as I can't even remember the last time it got used...

S2 inboard and antenna outboard should clear. Not sure about your antenna clearance with a snorkel yet since I haven't tested it.

S2 inboard and antenna outboard should clear. Not sure about your antenna clearance with a snorkel yet since I haven't tested it.
Sell me a set and I'll let you know. The snorkel shouldn't interfere with anything though - it doesn't sit any higher than the top of the fender.

Sell me a set and I'll let you know. The snorkel shouldn't interfere with anything though - it doesn't sit any higher than the top of the fender.

Right, but we are talking about an antenna mounted outboard on the mount and the hood open.

Right, but we are talking about an antenna mounted outboard on the mount and the hood open.
Ah, good point, I didn't consider clearances when the hood is open. I still think I'd like to try them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom