80 series 4.5 petrol FZJ80, 1FZ-FE intermittent power loss. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been reading a few threads about this issue, My Engine does not seem to have and EGR or any Oxygen sensors to be seen. It is driving me crazy.
I have changed my plugs, petrol filter and Air filter.
I have also noticed it is running very Rich even when the engine is warm, sometimes it sounds as if it is pinking/ pinging.
On a good day, it has power to burn. Other times it is reluctant to change back and has very little power when it does so.

Have you verified that your check engine light illuminates when starting the vehicle? Have you checked for codes?

Does the AUS spec 80's usually come with EGR and/or Oxygen sensors?

Some have had power loss and found succes with cleaning and packing the NSS barrel connector with dielectric grease. Worth a shot

Clean the MAF and throttle body...Replace O2 sensor...

Last edited:
Shift cable? Check the timing too.

Well, it seems I repositioned the Maf cable harness, the revs dropped down and now has butt loads of power and acceleration. I'll be stripping the shrinkwrap and checking the wires, they at close to the Exhaust manifold.

Well, it seems I repositioned the Maf cable harness, the revs dropped down and now has butt loads of power and acceleration. I'll be stripping the shrinkwrap and checking the wires, they at close to the Exhaust manifold.

Neutral Safety Switch electrical barrel connector.
It's roughly located below your pesky heater hose.

Oh, that sounds like fun. I'll check it tomorrow. I may even try all of the plugs I can see with that grease , I suppose it couldn't hurt. My engine is running very rich also. So I'll try the above suggestions too.

Oh, that sounds like fun. I'll check it tomorrow. I may even try all of the plugs I can see with that grease , I suppose it couldn't hurt. My engine is running very rich also. So I'll try the above suggestions too.

Your electrical connections will thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom