80 running rough after Cat delete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

+1 for the ECU relearn! Thing runs awesome. Thanks everyone!!!

I got mine 94 with code 21. I removed cat and installed 2 new ntk o2 sensors. My cel disappeared for 10miles. 10 miles later I have code 21 and 71. Not sure where to start. Any advice?

Shop broke a stud replacing O2s and the angle was tough to resolve. They were original, and I had no prior history and wasn't sure how the flow was. So I told him to cut out the old exhaust, and just replaced it all.
Do you not have kids or grand kids they deserve clean air. Also it's against federal law to remove catalytic converter. Did you not notice how stinky it is with out it ?

I got mine 94 with code 21. I removed cat and installed 2 new ntk o2 sensors. My cel disappeared for 10miles. 10 miles later I have code 21 and 71. Not sure where to start. Any advice?
Put a cat back on there is a start

Do you not have kids or grand kids they deserve clean air. Also it's against federal law to remove catalytic converter. Did you not notice how stinky it is with out it ?
How do you know he didn’t have a new one installed?

Why the 9month late preachy comeback?
It was the first time I have seen the post. I do have kids and hope to have grandchildren and would like them to have clean air. And because you asked I think removing the Cat is a selfish thing to do, and because we all have to breathe the air I have a right to voice my opinion.
What your stake in it ? Did you remove yours as well.

It was the first time I have seen the post. I do have kids and hope to have grandchildren and would like them to have clean air. And because you asked I think removing the Cat is a selfish thing to do, and because we all have to breathe the air I have a right to voice my opinion.
What your stake in it ? Did you remove yours as well.
No still have mine for now. But I wouldn’t hesitate to remove it if I thought it was necessary to make an inexpensive repair on a 30yo truck.

I think most people with old cruisers are probably very pro outdoors and nature. Don’t think anyone is taking them off to spite the environment, or to hurt people’s feelings.

I appreciate your enthusiasm about environmental preservation. I’m all for it, but cutting the cats off a few 30yo trucks isn’t going to matter one bit.

I suppose what I didn’t appreciate was your comment attacking someone’s family values, Just so you could make a contrary point.

I don’t dispute the message, just it’s delivery.

No still have mine for now. But I wouldn’t hesitate to remove it if I thought it was necessary to make an inexpensive repair on a 30yo truck.

I think most people with old cruisers are probably very pro outdoors and nature. Don’t think anyone is taking them off to spite the environment, or to hurt people’s feelings.

I appreciate your enthusiasm about environmental preservation. I’m all for it, but cutting the cats off a few 30yo trucks isn’t going to matter one bit.

I suppose what I didn’t appreciate was your comment attacking someone’s family values, Just so you could make a contrary point.

I don’t dispute the message, just it’s delivery.
Ya' I'm old and rough around the edges. But I stand by my statemants, Removing any cat no matter how old shows no respect for others or future generations.
There are low cost replacement on the market!!! There nothing cheep about a LAND cruiser

Last edited:
@Broski
1606240686328.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom