80 rear bumpers for sale? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone selling a rear bumper with a spare swingaway situation? I live in Northern Nevada, called 4x4 labs, and basically got laughter. They are 16 weeks out minimum! I tried to build my own, but the EMS racing spindle pin snapped above the weld in a matter of about 3 months. Im at the point where id rather buy a bumper. Help!

20210328_153531.jpg

20210328_153447.jpg

20210328_152157.jpg

post up a wanted add in the classified or search there for someone selling theirs.

Anyone selling a rear bumper with a spare swingaway situation? I live in Northern Nevada, called 4x4 labs, and basically got laughter. They are 16 weeks out minimum! I tried to build my own, but the EMS racing spindle pin snapped above the weld in a matter of about 3 months. Im at the point where id rather buy a bumper. Help!

View attachment 2699204

View attachment 2699205

View attachment 2699206
I've seen that before.

:lol:

From the looks, I'm assuming you no longer have the option to stow it in it's original spot?

Strap it inside for the time being, as others have said. I think there are some good cheap DIY options for that. As well as numerous existing solid anchor points, as a quick fix.

Why not just weld on the one that broke off?

Go to Tractor Supply and buy a Trailer Spindle and install that.

You were getting too much vibration during driving and possibly the clamp to hold it closed was too tight, placing an angular force on the spindle that, when coupled with the vibration, caused it to shear.

Weld it back on, space up the loose end better, clamp it tight, and away you go. Under $100 for repair vs $1000+ for a whole new bumper.

Get a mig welder with the money you save by buying the 4x4 labs kit vs the complete bumper. I did this and it was my first time welding. Was a lot easier than I exepcted. You can get the 4x4 lab bumpers in kit form in like a week or two.

Why not just weld on the one that broke off?

Go to Tractor Supply and buy a Trailer Spindle and install that.

You were getting too much vibration during driving and possibly the clamp to hold it closed was too tight, placing an angular force on the spindle that, when coupled with the vibration, caused it to shear.

Weld it back on, space up the loose end better, clamp it tight, and away you go. Under $100 for repair vs $1000+ for a whole new bumper.

20210118_153554.jpg

20210118_100636.jpg

20210118_100656.jpg

Youre right about the cause of the failure. Too much flag polling. The 1" spindle wasnt enough to take it. The issue is, i modified a smittybuilt carrier to adapt to the ems offroad spindle assy. To convert to a trailer spindle (which i should have started with), would take cutting the old hub off the carrier assy, and adapting a new hub to fit the trailer spindle. Im simply out of room after i cut this one off. Furthermore, i wasnt always happy with that rear bumper to begin with. Id like somthing a bit more ready to run.

Get a mig welder with the money you save by buying the 4x4 labs kit vs the complete bumper. I did this and it was my first time welding. Was a lot easier than I exepcted. You can get the 4x4 lab bumpers in kit form in like a week or two.
They told me their supplier has been taking long naps. Theyre 16 weeks out even for diy stuff

• Wow
Reactions: b16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom