80 Pickin' (LX450) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love the look of that thing. I agree the simplicity and dark wheels are gorgeous. I ogled it while on CL for a while.

I'm 90% sure you can pump your own gas in Oregon. They'll tell you it's not allowed but, I, like most of us don't want some guy touching my s***. I've been yelled at a few times.

edit: The new law is that it allows self pumping in counties with <40k people.
I'm still gonna pump my own whenever I can.
/rant.

Love the look of that thing. I agree the simplicity and dark wheels are gorgeous. I ogled it while on CL for a while.

I'm 90% sure you can pump your own gas in Oregon. They'll tell you it's not allowed but, I, like most of us don't want some guy touching my s***. I've been yelled at a few times.

edit: The new law is that it allows self pumping in counties with <40k people.
I'm still gonna pump my own whenever I can.
/rant.

I’ve been casually looking for an 80 for three years, actively over the past several weeks. I really liked this truck and jumped on it. I let a few others get away due to hesitating. Knew this one would get snatched up quickly!

Home-skillet is about to roll into Moab for the night. Dying to see pics from the museum today. The curator knew about SAS and after a few minutes knew who Casey was. That's when he was asked to leave. If anyone has digits for @Jason hansen, he'd like to try to have a cold beer, etc. I stopped listening after he mentioned the hotel hot tub.

Last edited:
Day 2..
Up and out early from Boise Id this morning. Perfect cold start, no leaks or out of the norm sounds. Truck runs absolutely flawless. Everything works, cruise set at 77mph and it keeps up very well.
Not much to see along the Snake River, Evil Kanevil wasn't home so I boogied to SLC. One place was on my mind for have to do places. The LandCruiser Heritage Museum is a must see. Seeing the collection in person is worth the effort. So many cool things there besides the main attraction.
Got back on the road asap to make Moab for the night. A little over half way home at this point. Tomorrows adventures will include a little recon for SAS #3.

20190627_093013.jpg

20190627_135940.jpg

20190627_140600.jpg

20190627_143020.jpg

Can’t wait man! Glad your getting to take such a cool trip!

Gorgeous country. Done it before driving a HJ60 from Vancouver Island, BC to Dallas, TX. I tried to minimize night driving because I did not want to miss out on the scenery. Just like you I love pumping my own gas! First time it happened, thought I was getting scammed. “Screeched my tires” to another gas station. Same thing happened.🤔 Upon inquiry I had to succumb.
Actually if you drive a diesel, you can pump your own fuel.

Man I wish I was with you guys! Although I did get to attend some righteous meetings about business forms automation and such this week...

Last edited:
Great pics. Really nice 80. Love the color and rim combo.
Wait did you guys meet or see anyone at the museum named Dan?

Ophir is open?

The latest from bushducks:

5/16/19 - It is important to note that this was a historic year of snowfall. San Juan county has discovered the valley to Animas Forks is FILLED with snow, up to 100' deep. And this is the access road for the Alpine Loop Essentially. Nothing is open for Memorial Day Weekend, and all trails are in doubt until Late July or August. Just don't want a lot of disappointed folks driving up there. San Juan County plans to make a valiant attempt to cross Hurricane Pass with dozers to bi-pass the area below Animas Forks but they have no idea what they will face right now. The issue is not just snow fall, but record breaking Avalanche runs that buried and destroyed everything.

6/1/19 - San Juan snow pack is now at a staggering 676% of average! San Miguel has announced an attempt to begin bulldozing Ophir pass open in middle June. Crazy considering this is the first back country trail to open up in the San Juans. The good news is the melt has finally begun in the San Juans and trails will open slowly over the summer. For the 4th of July much will not be open so come to enjoy Silverton, camp and ride past historic avalanche carnage.

Great pics. Really nice 80. Love the color and rim combo.
Wait did you guys meet or see anyone at the museum named

@POTATO LAUNCHER might not post again until this evening. He and @CheyenneTrucker are out pillaging. He did tell me about his visit with Dan at the museum yesterday, though. Evidently he also met the owner of the museum.

Oops sorry did not see the above posts about Ophir...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom