80 owner looking at a 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
good day guys , I am currently a 80 series owner and looking at local 100 series that is for sale and wanted to get some options on what I should be looking for and opinions on pricing. here are the stats
263000 miles
and his description
California car, only 1 winter in Maine. Engine runs strong, starts drives great. 2 new tires, 2 good tires, new battery, new fuel pump, interior rough it is my family car, 7 seater . needs new windshield and the ABS pump (no brakes right now) part is $800 fix it and your five an awesome classic. #keepyour$4000

asking $5500

and he did not post may photographs but here are a few

land cruiser 3.jpg
land cruiser 2.jpg
land cruiser 1.jpg

thanks for any opinions on this rig!!! Jason

Not a bad price, but the brake booster issue could be $300 or $2300 in parts to fix, depending on what’s wrong.

What are you planning to do with it if you buy it?

I’d expect a good bit of deferred maintenance that would need to be addressed at that price/age/mileage.

Timing belt service?
CV axles & drive plates on the front axle?
Steering rack, tie rod ends?
Ball joints?
Every rubber mount and bushing.
Exhaust leak from manifold cracks?
Cooling system?
Braking system (already mentioned in the ad)?
Finding someone to replace the windshield “properly” can be a challenge.

If you’re looking for a project, that’s not intended to be a daily driver immediately, it could be interesting.

If you’re thinking “just put gas in it and drive” it could be a rude awakening.

What are you planning to do with it if you buy it?

I’d expect a good bit of deferred maintenance that would need to be addressed at that price/age/mileage.

Timing belt service?
CV axles & drive plates on the front axle?
Steering rack, tie rod ends?
Ball joints?
Every rubber mount and bushing.
Exhaust leak from manifold cracks?
Cooling system?
Braking system (already mentioned in the ad)?
Finding someone to replace the windshield “properly” can be a challenge.

If you’re looking for a project, that’s not intended to be a daily driver immediately, it could be interesting.

If you’re thinking “just put gas in it and drive” it could be a rude awakening.
So I am not afraid of a project (I have pretty much rebuilt my 80) my plan is to keep it stock and use it for trips when I don't need a fully built rig with loud mud tires etc. I really need to give it a good lookover and find these things out, the windshield, timing belt, and breaks could add 2k to the price. thanks for the advise!

Heater hose teees!!! Get em done. Saved my wife’s Hundy by a hair. Was in a drive thru when it happened🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom