80 or 100 with 44" tires??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is any one on here running a 80 or 100 series cruiser with 44" tires like the ones they use to cross iceland. If you are what type of suspension setup are you running, also gears, and engine?????

This is the type of setup im talking about.
toyota-land-cruiser-picture-clean.jpg

I know that this isn't the way they do it, but food for thought: What if you swapped in Volvo portals with the lower gear ratio (7.something), used Slee 6" springs and a 3" body lift. That would give you appox 14" of lift. That should clear 44's and still allow a bit of flex.

There was a topic on here a while ago that had a link with a series of pictures of what and Icelandic guy did to build up his 80. A brief search did not yield the topic, but I remember he shifted the rear axle back about 10cm, totally cut out the rear wheel well, and accomplished the body lift by cutting the mounts off the frame and welding them back on higher. Pretty nifty methods, but a lot more involved than what most people do here (less bolt-on purchased stuff).

There is some cool stuff there.....:D

:eek: I would need to get a second jobn to pay for everything ... may you never post that link again :flipoff2:

ok il find the papers when i get back from work monday, if i forget give this tread a bump to remind me.

I think they used OME Shocks on that 80. :D

can you say extended brake lines?

Does anyone know if parts can be ordered from that company in Japan. I am interested in the gears they offer for the transfer cases.

You will have to do a lot of cutting to run 44's because the wheel wells just aren't that big. For a rig this heavy on tires that heavy, will will have to make some serious choices about axles if you plan to wheel hard. More than likely you will want a 14b/D60 combo with all the upgrades, or 2.5 ton top loaders. It will probobly cost $10,000 to put 44's on an 80(if you can do all the cutting/welding yourself). You need to ask yourself if you need/want them that bad.

Montana Cruiser said:
:eek: I would need to get a second jobn to pay for everything ... may you never post that link again :flipoff2:

ahhh, come on, where else can you get a

" Eggplant mosquito
Rec suspension genuine. Wheel hub ornament. For LX450. 1 unit 4: 26,250 Yen "

not that I know what an Eggplant mosquito is, but it sounds pretty cool.

Converts the rear suspension from 4 link with panhard to U bar 3 link without panhard, by replacing the 2 upper links with this setup. Looks like it uses stock style bushings that are not designed to take side loads, there are better choices in joints/bushings for this application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom