80 Newb! 97 CE w/Lockers!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

Sorry, my heading should say CE not CL.

Long time 55, 40 and 60 owner, long time 80 Lurker.

I finally found a decent 80 after searching for 2yrs!

97 Collectors Edition, 2 owner from Vail, 80800 miles, Locked, super clean minus some toxic paint burning bird poop.

I just put a 93 front bumper on it, the PO bent the OEM one on a gas station post. Just in case you know your s*** and wanted to let me know.

To keep this tech, what 15" steelies can I mount-up that will clear the calipers? Also, what do I need to do for the CDL switch upgrade?

Here are some pics.
DSCN5914.jpg
DSCN5915.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for the 3rd row seats, they are for sale...local pick-up. $400.00

nice find!

Welcome! Very nice score with only 80k on the OD. You can pick up a CDL switch
from Slee Off Road a Mud vender favorite .

I don't believe 15's clear the back brakes on 93+ (disk)

I'm asking about the 15's because I have a set of nearly new BFG's on black steelies that I was hoping would fit but.....nope. So, maybe there are some other 15's that will clear and I could use my tires.

In that case I'll go out of my way and swap rear axles with you :D

Just for fun, here's the original window sticker.
DSCN5916.jpg

That is a very optimistic window sticker. !15 MPG highway? Right. Mine's tuned to the t!ts and get 13.3.

Maybe yours is the 3.6 L 4 banger?

Just for fun, here's the original window sticker.

$825 for F/R lockers... What a deal!

Salt

Hey Trap,

Finally in the 80 club!! Way better than the first attempt!!

Mike S said:
That is a very optimistic window sticker. !15 MPG highway? Right. Mine's tuned to the t!ts and get 13.3.

Maybe yours is the 3.6 L 4 banger?

I get 15 mpg on the highway all day long :D

By the way, nice cruiser! :grinpimp:

Last edited:
Wow clean ride! I love how the wood dash vinyl is within 50$ of he lockers ! Haha

I'm asking about the 15's because I have a set of nearly new BFG's on black steelies that I was hoping would fit but.....nope. So, maybe there are some other 15's that will clear and I could use my tires.

So, why do 15's fit on the rear of my '91 HDJ81 with disks, and not on a FZ with disks? My axles are K294's.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom