80 liststo driver side (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my new to me stock 80 list's to the driver side about 1.5" is this comon like on my 40 is there something i can do in the short term before i buy new springs and tires only 99000 miles on it

Wow! An inch and a half? That is not common on an 80. Maybe .25 to .5, but not 1.5.

I had a 1/8 inch lean to the left and corrected it with a 5mm trim packer.

Measure from the bottom of the flare to the top edge of the wheel on both sides and report back, please.

Center of tire? Do you mean center of hub? So long as you feel like you are able to get an accurate measurement side to side....

1/8" in front, 1 1/8" in rear. Very strange. Try to find the end of the rear coil at the bottom. It should be butted up against a shoulder on the lower spring perch, on both sides.

Another question: Do you think one side is low, or is one side high? Maybe we could get someone with a stock height vehicle to match up some measurements with you, from the TOP EDGE OF THE WHEEL, to make sure tires do not influence the measurements?

Here is what the bottom of the rear spring should look like in the perch.

I don't know if it is even possible that this is your problem, just brainstorming.

Edit: I should have mentioned: if it is not obvious, this is looking at the rear spring from the front.

Last edited:
DO yourself a favor now and order up an OME kit to your liking. This is the first upgrade that you should do, it will transform your 80

Assuming you are measuring from a perfectly flat surface, like a finished concrete floor...

Is the tire pressure the same on all tires? I'm sure you checked that, just throwing out ideas.

tire presser good in all tires, flat surface, center of tire, every thing looks seated corectly in the rear suspension,
but some uneveness is not uncommon in the 80 this seems a little exstrame but may be a good platform to justiy the lift this soon out of the gate
what is the best lift for 16/33" without a sloppy ride i like to drive the car i'm driveing on and off road it needs to corner with a little mor egde then it dose now,

richardmvaldez said:
tire presser good in all tires, flat surface, center of tire, every thing looks seated corectly in the rear suspension,
but some uneveness is not uncommon in the 80 this seems a little exstrame but may be a good platform to justiy the lift this soon out of the gate
what is the best lift for 16/33" without a sloppy ride i like to drive the car i'm driveing on and off road it needs to corner with a little mor egde then it dose now,

Old Man Emu with firm-valved shocks will give you exactly what you described. You need to decide how much lift you want and then choose your tires. Go to www.sleeoffroad.com for more details. They are also a preferred supplier and technical resource for these kits for newbies, IMO.

There are also other considerations including extending brake lines, caster adjustments, adjusting rear load sensing valve etc. and Slee can advise on this.

Just for comparison. I have a 97 with 205K running OME heavies with about 100k on them an I too have a bit of a list to the port side. I am already planning a new set of OME's but I'll check out the spring placement just to 2x check.

As far as the OME goes. DO IT. My OME Has always ridden 10x better than my brothers stock 96 suspension.

I am thinking a little lean to the left is normal in a lifted vehicle that has not had a lengthened panhard rod installed. I'm talking barely noticeable if you really look.

Somebody else chime in....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom