80 for sale on ebay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thats the same dealership I got my LX450 from. I think they have 2 or 3 locations around Phoenix. They seem to collect these LC and LX models as they tend to have a few of them in inventory at all times.

This looks good! If he wants $13.2 and is willing to give a $700 credit for shipping to an OOState buyer, you know you can snag it now for $12,500. I'll bet $12K at the dealer snags it? :confused:

Then it's a few bucks from the bank account and yer wheeling big time! :D

ShottsUZJ100 said:
This looks good! If he wants $13.2 and is willing to give a $700 credit for shipping to an OOState buyer, you know you can snag it now for $12,500. I'll bet $12K at the dealer snags it? :confused:

Then it's a few bucks from the bank account and yer wheeling big time! :D

IMHO $12K is to much for a '94.

Tools R Us said:

Agreed....though if it's an all AZ rig (no rust, etc) and you're READY for a locked one now...you'll have it forever, AND it's got the best tranny. :)

Tools R Us said:

With the price of gas, and the number of SUV's sitting in lots I'd start low and work him hard. Kelley Blue Book says Dealer retail $12,185. Private party sale in excellent condition $9,600, Good condition $8,890, Fair condition $7,945. It doesn't account for the lockers, but I know when I bought my 97 new they wanted $800 for the locker option.

lexycrzy said:
With the price of gas, and the number of SUV's sitting in lots I'd start low and work him hard. Kelley Blue Book says Dealer retail $12,185. Private party sale in excellent condition $9,600, Good condition $8,890, Fair condition $7,945. It doesn't account for the lockers, but I know when I bought my 97 new they wanted $800 for the locker option.

Those numbers do look right, though I can tell you that I'd a paid more than those numbers for an all AZ rig...if it's one. I spent 2 months looking and nothing except rust. I was worn out looking. I lucked out on that all-AZ LX450 and snagged it even though it didn't have lockers. I added them and gears. You can't add lockers for $800 now. :)

Sure, start low...though with only 108K it's a desirable rig, especially if in great shape and how it was driven.

I've talked to Eric's dad Tony on the phone a couple of times. He owns Superstition Springs Toyota and Lexus. He's a good guy and a very close friend of one of my friends. Tony worked for Toyota for 25 years before he bought his 1st dealership so I'm sure that Eric (the seller) knows his Toyotas. That said, I do not know Eric, nor have I ever met or spoken with him. I would hope that he has similar principals to his father in which case I would feel comfortable buying from him. If I were looking today I would drive down to his lot and make him an offer in the $8k to 9k range depending on the overall appearence of the rig. Looks clean in the add but that don't mean crap till you're in the drivers seat.

BMAN said:
I've talked to Eric's dad Tony on the phone a couple of times. He owns Superstition Springs Toyota and Lexus. He's a good guy and a very close friend of one of my friends. Tony worked for Toyota for 25 years before he bought his 1st dealership so I'm sure that Eric (the seller) knows his Toyotas. That said, I do not know Eric, nor have I ever met or spoken with him. I would hope that he has similar principals to his father in which case I would feel comfortable buying from him. If I were looking today I would drive down to his lot and make him an offer in the $8k to 9k range depending on the overall appearence of the rig. Looks clean in the add but that don't mean crap till you're in the drivers seat.

WOW! 2 months ago I seen Cruisers like this selling for $11-13K+ and that's in rusty climates. They were all over eBay and I wasn't willing to spend that much on a non-AZ truck. So, I basically agree with you about actual value, though if the rig is a dry climate one, I personally would pay more. So, I'm not sure what's happened the last 2 months value-wise, though gas prices have dropped.
Man, what a deal for someone at $8-9K. 108K miles. wow!

WOW! 2 months ago I seen Cruisers like this selling for $11-13K+ and that's in rusty climates. They were all over eBay and I wasn't willing to spend that much on a non-AZ truck. So, I basically agree with you about actual value, though if the rig is a dry climate one, I personally would pay more. So, I'm not sure what's happened the last 2 months value-wise, though gas prices have dropped.
Man, what a deal for someone at $8-9K. 108K miles. wow!

Unless I've started smoking some very HEAVY drugs you're way way off... I spent months looking into prices and have bought two FZJ80s this year.. Both 100% rust free and with lockers.. One 95 and one 96 and I paid $15,000 total for both, I still feel like I way over paid but one was a very nice two owner low mile rig.. If you research eBay the going high bid is $6,311 for a 93-97 and I think with the economy the way it is that's pushing it! That's a $7,500 rig all day long and I've found more then one in AZ at $7,500 and passed them up cause I thought it was too high..

Look at the for sale section, NOTHING IS SELLING!! There are the same rigs on eBay for the past 6 months NOT SELLING!! That Cruiser, WON'T SELL even with a $3,000 off coupon! Unless of course somebody can make payments...

Save your cash and start shopping Craigslist.com!

Just saw this and now can't stop thinking abou it. I like my 60, but I do have brothers that I need to keep up with. Just thinking. Of course it is most likely is sold by now.

Sean

sonoranfun said:
Unless I've started smoking some very HEAVY drugs you're way way off... I spent months looking into prices and have bought two FZJ80s this year.. Both 100% rust free and with lockers.. One 95 and one 96 and I paid $15,000 total for both, I still feel like I way over paid but one was a very nice two owner low mile rig.. If you research eBay the going high bid is $6,311 for a 93-97 and I think with the economy the way it is that's pushing it! That's a $7,500 rig all day long and I've found more then one in AZ at $7,500 and passed them up cause I thought it was too high..

Look at the for sale section, NOTHING IS SELLING!! There are the same rigs on eBay for the past 6 months NOT SELLING!! That Cruiser, WON'T SELL even with a $3,000 off coupon! Unless of course somebody can make payments...

Save your cash and start shopping Craigslist.com!

You obviously are a better shopper than me. I'm thirilled with the deal I got on my new '97 LX though. :)

sj said:
Just saw this and now can't stop thinking abou it. I like my 60, but I do have brothers that I need to keep up with. Just thinking. Of course it is most likely is sold by now.

Sean

Can I buy your 60?

Jared

I tried to buy a LX450 of this guy but at that time he would not come down on his price. Maybe with the gas scare he will be more willing to deal. The truck had even been on ebay two or three different times before I made him an offer.

sjpitts said:
Can I buy your 60?

Jared

Are you that afraid that you cement will fly away that you need two land cruisers to keep it down.

Sean

94 cruiser for Sale

I went and looked at this one...decent condition, though it has been wrecked...could see most of the nuts on the both front quarter panels and hood had a wrench on them at some point...I stopped looking after that, cuz it was not going to suite my needs....so not sure what other issues it may have had.

It was purchased at auction though...most LCs that make it to auction around here typically have enough wrong with them that nobody will stick on a lot...that says something. My 2 cents, hope this helps.
LCG

12K good price

Tools R Us said:

Its worth what ever it is to the person who is willing to buy it. IMO a locked low mileage 80 in very good condition are becoming harder and harder to find and eventually become rare. What is % of locked 80's, 8%?, do the math. Does not seem abused, (ie Look at the drivers seat bolster and the foot well, not perfect but well kept). Bumpers in Mint shape and look at the rust prone pintle bolt holes; rust free Arizona. Great paint too. Definatly well maintained/pampered vehicle. Sparkling engine bay does not count, anyone can gunk a motor and use engine brite. I would definatly consider after PO research and buy it if I already didnt own a locked 80.

Last edited:
You all love talking about buying Cruisers! Same thing in the for sale section, they love to talk about what they would, wish or want to buy but nobody is buying any of them! NOBODY is getting over KBB.com "trade in" value for their cars right now.. Not sure if any of you have noticed the "flat yield curve" that's starting to look like it will be "inverted" in the next couple months but people aren't spending money...

Don't be an emotional "I want" shopper and justify your impatience with things like "but it's really clean" and "only x% of them are locked" and "it's rust free".... There are roughly 30 States in the US to buy rust free Cruiser out of, 95% of them for sale are being sold by soccer moms so most of the time they don't know or care if it's locked.. Just take your time and save yourself $4,000 as you should be able to pick that rig up for $9,500 with ease...

Remember, who really cares what price they aren't selling it, no shortage of over priced Cruisers out there...

Yeah, I've also checked out that LX in the link above....all in all it's pretty nice, got a few minor cosmetic blemishes here and there, but what do you expect from a 10 year old vehicle. Mechanically it is pretty sound too - don't see too many issues for at least 12 months or so...then probably some trunion seals and maybe a rear main., other than that it seemed overall solid.

LCG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom