80 climate control help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In other cars I have owned the climate control circuit boards were a known problem and readily available "rebuilt" by tech savvy folks.
Is there anything like that for hte FJ80 FJ85?
I have the 6 inch square push button climate control and it does not work... it is totally random what happens hot/ cold fan speed etc... pushing buttons doesn't seem to make a difference I assume a new unit would help, but don't want to buy at random... is there a source or known fix?

Last edited:
First I've heard of such a thing. I would look for one used. Also, fj85??

Not aware that there are any common issues with these, other than occasionally people will have them out, and the auto / manual switch on the back will get flipped. Might want to verify that, as that will give you partial functionality if you have manual HVAC and it gets set for auto. Big 1980's looking slide switch. If you do need to buy a used one, I would hit up @slow95z first.

Jason

I sell them but it's super rare they go bad. Most common issues are people messing them up when trying to change the bulbs or they get water damage from a bad windshield, heater core or sinking the truck in a water hole.

Get a replacement from @slow95z , it'll likely resolve the issue. Eventually someone will repair them. We're not there yet.

I don't mean to thread jack, but is blower fan speed ever an issue? Mine seems to be low or high. The different increments on the panel work like this: low, low, low, high af

Yea 41st anniversary. 1998 build date. Comes with high af fan option.
Or maybe a 4/20 build date ? Sorry, I'm no help. Actually, maybe pull the resistor from the HVAC box, I believe it is accessible with it in the car. It may be cracked and could cause this now that I think about it.

Jason

Here you go, behind the glove box. Stealing @kenscs pic...

HVACResistor.JPG

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom