80 brake line on a 40 w/ disc? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Will a brake line (axle to caliper) from a 91-92 FJ-80 work on 79-85 FJ and mini-truck calipers? I'm curious about the banjo bolt fitting and wether this is a good solution when using a backing plate eliminator.

Not a great solution, as the calipers don’t have a machined surface for the copper washer.

with that said, I did it on my mini truck (fj60 rotors & 4runner calipers). To make it fit, the banjo bolt needs to be machined to clear the inverted flare fitting in the caliper. It seals fine.

58A141EC-9C87-4689-A522-68343F03E7EC.jpeg

Not a great solution, as the calipers don’t have a machined surface for the copper washer.

with that said, I did it on my mini truck (fj60 rotors & 4runner calipers). To make it fit, the banjo bolt needs to be machined to clear the inverted flare fitting in the caliper. It seals fine.

View attachment 2598253
Thanks for the info. Sounds like more work than it's worth in my case. Though your set up pictured is the functionality I'm looking for. :beer:

It was easier than it sounds. I put the banjo bolt in a drill press vice and hit the end with a 3/8” drill bit. It took 2-3 tries to get it to clear, but that surface does not seal the brake fluid, the copper washers do.

if you google brake upgrades on tacomas, this is common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom