80 and 200 owner, getting my LX470 today! Has some issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys! Ever since my brother bought a 100 series earlier this year, I have been on the lookout for one. I originally wanted a 5 speed manual 1HDT like his HDJ100 as I have been extremely happy with the same engine combo in my 80 but the prices for those have started to go up over here. I found an ‘02 LX470 for about half the price of the lowest HDJ100 I could find so I pulled the trigger! Right now the plan is to baseline everything like the timing belts, radiator hoses and tees. Any other things to look out for? Here are the issues that I have seen:

-AHC is shot. The truck goes from L to N to H but the ride is super stiff. My research leads me to believe it’s the accumulators. I will probably just ditch the AHC and go with OME so should I bother replacing the globes?

-VSC trying to kill you. Suddenly engages when in a curved road. I found the VSC disable switch thread and it’s the first thing I will do. I won’t even install a switch, just ground that pink wire until I find the cause of the problem.

-AUTO button on the AC does not work. It doesn’t change the fan speed, and the light does not light up. Any idea what could cause it?

-driver seat has a tear. I found a replacement on ebay for just the lower part, anybody tried it yet? Only problem with going that route though is that they only sell the driver side. I also can’t order the whole front seat replacements because mine has the wider center console cooler box so my seats do not have the little armrests.

Cheers guys!

Wow it’s pretty quiet here in the 100 series forum! Anyway I got the LX this week. Had OME shocks and 865 coils installed. I disconnected the three plugs going to the AHC ECU. Is there anything else I need to disconnect? There’s AHC fluid dripping on my garage floor right now.

I also disabled VSC by grounding pin 3 on one of the connectors going to the ECU.

The major issue with the car right now is that there is a lot of play in the steering wheel which I think is the reason why VSC keeps triggering when on a curve. There is a lot of play when wiggling the front wheel at the 3 and 9 o’clock position. The car also pulls to the left. Aside from the inner and outer tire rod ends, what else do I have to replace to get rid of all the slop in the steering? The tires are mismatched and worn so I installed the stock 17” wheels and tires from my 200 in the mean time.

Both the “OFF” and “AUTO” buttons on the AC controls don’t work too. Oil pressure gauge would also sometimes drop to zero when idling. Not sure if it’s the sensor or the gauge itself. Valve cover gaskets are also leaking. Telesoping motor also doesn’t work.

F8DD479F-F1EE-427F-AC75-F50064DEDDF2.jpeg
6D1F6CA6-41F8-4816-A1F7-F8AF25179E9B.jpeg

You'll have to check the steering rack itself for play. Mine needed a new rack to make the VSC issues go away.

Nice looking street/driveway! Wish we could get some of those cruisers here in the states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom