80 and 100 Series Replacement Seat Back Frames (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

plaidwagon

Supporting Vendor
Threads
You have your dream Cruiser.

You spent hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars getting it properly baselined. The mods are almost complete.

But you still have one unsightly problem to address-

The saggy seat back nets.

factory.jpg

I've come up with a complete bolt on solution that not only helps restore your interior beauty but increases the functionality and organization for your gear.

One frame COMPLETE set (only sold in pairs) comes with everything you need-
-Two powder coated 5052 aluminum cnc cut frames
-1/8" shock cord installed
-Black Oxide Stainless steel button head bolts, washers, and nylock nuts.

IMG_2611 3 copy.jpg

p14.jpg

p1.jpg

loaded1.jpg

Installation is fairly straight forward and satisfying to do, watch this installation video courtesy of Simon aka 95eighty-

Available for purchase here-

www.plaidwagon.co

Confirmed fitment so far:
LX450
98-07 100 Series with leather interior
95-97 Land Cruiser with leather interior

*Due to the Land Cruiser being a global vehicle with a few different interior configurations, I would like to verify the fitment with each customer until I've got a good feel for what parts Toyota uses around the world. *

The price is $160 for the complete set, with free shipping within the lower 48 states.
Choose from black or brown powder coat, custom colors available upon request.

Made right here in Colorado!

Thanks!

Kyle Freud
Plaidwagon, LLC
Grand Junction, Colorado
USMC Veteran Owned

Last edited:
Awesome idea and attention to detail. Thank you for your service as well brother, US Navy Veteran 05-13

Gangster

Following to see if they end up fitting am early JDM 80
Awesome, I really need to get that figured out. There’s a handful of guys with HDJ’s that are interested. I’ll post some pictures of the dimensions we need to confirm tonight.

Off to compare measurements between my 80 and my mkiii Supra.... the Supra needs them too!
Now that would be sweet! Let’s hope Toyota uses that same frame for a bunch of models.

I’ve had a great amount of orders in the last few weeks. Thanks to everyone for their interest!

Turns out the 93-94 Cloth seats have a smaller frame. I’ve gotten those dialed and in production. I have a feeling that’s the same frame needed on early JDM seats and possibly for the Prado and some 70 series cruisers.
650DB6B4-EFD4-410F-B0CA-40C077753E9B.jpeg

I’ll also be offering all models in a new grey color. My website will be updated to offer that selection soon.
C85DAF4B-E209-4FFD-8574-D2255A929B08.jpeg
A33B6D82-E675-47C8-8A7B-82032AAAB24C.jpeg

That grey color looks great!

Have you considered incorporating an element fire extinguisher mount? That would be slick 😎
Thanks!

I’ve had a handful of great suggestions, I will be adding that to the list of ideas to explore. I can already picture something working really well…

I’d buy one for my wife’s gx, when I showed her the mole panel ones she scoffed them, not into the rigid aspect.

I can relate, I think that area works better as a cubby rather than a molle panel. Our factory net is so sagged it deserves a refresh. I’ll try to get this prototyped this week.

@JettaGLi16v
@rovingCoast

Thank you!
I would really love to get this figured out!

I’ve got two versions for 80 series in production. First was the 95-97 leather, which seems to be the most common. Next was for 93-94 cloth seats, turns out these frames need to be about 3/4” narrower.

From what I see looking at pictures online, it looks like the HDJ and non-US market 80’s use the style that looks a lot like the 93-94 cloth.

Easiest way to compare is how that seat back panel attaches.
95-97 style has two screws down under the seat panel.
93-94 cloth has two screws up high above the net.

Here’s some pictures of a 93-94 cloth seat back panel. If you guys could compare the dimensions that would be awesome. I have a feeling it’s the same, if so we are ready to rock.
A18C185A-B7F9-4874-9683-EE3DE7F4F1F2.jpeg
19699455-F1C8-4C89-A11D-260E34040680.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom