80-85 MM hole saw?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt1fire

SILVER Star
Threads
anyone in charlotte have a hole saw in the 80-85 mm range.

Had a snorkel bought for me for my birthday that I just found out about when Fed Ex sent me a delivery confirmation.

I've seen the template and I know that is the size it asks for.

Last edited:
Yeah its a strange size. I'm sure the only people that have that size are the ones that have done a snokel install.

Harbor freight is calling my name.

I have a 3" and a 3-1/2".

Drilling sheet metal with a hole-saw has always been a hair raising experience for me. As soon as the pilot hole starts to wobble, the fun begins. Now I drill a hole in a scrap piece of wood with the hole-saw and then place that scrap block over the desired hole. This might not work on a curved fender.

Not going to use a jig saw on that. I just don't trust myself enough for something that is easy with the hole saw.

Al, I have one...actually still sharp too

I found mine...

Thanks Shaun...... If I'm ur way at some point in the next week I'll grab it off of you.:cheers:

Just arrived via Fed Ex.

Its an ebay one but it was a gift and free to me so i'm excited about it.

To address the issue of the cheaper composite being used i'll take a que fro 98snakeeater and line it.

I had heard the ebay snorkel heads were bigger but this one seems ridiculously large compared to the last 80 snorkel head I had.

Might have to put a warning for small children to keep back or get sucked in. :doh:

Going to get it installed next week after camping unless I can convince Brian to help me put it on in the campsite

I'll start a new thread with install pics next week :cheers:

A mocked up teaser pic

1150361_10151648735742875_1668089624_n.jpg

Last edited:
Dude its a 3FE , it will be lucky enough to suck cold air in there ;)

but either way neither one of you guys are gonna get your arms in there for that back set of bolts.

Dude its a 3FE , it will be lucky enough to suck cold air in there ;)

but either way neither one of you guys are gonna get your arms in there for that back set of bolts.

You're just jealous of my 3FE powa ;)

No need... drill holes, pull off fender...

Looks great Al! Lemme know how it holds up, I am very interested in one as well. No interference with the antenna with the fleabay ones correct?

Looks great Al! Lemme know how it holds up, I am very interested in one as well. No interference with the antenna with the fleabay ones correct?

Slight but not enough to warrant me to heat up a bar and roll an indent in.

If it starts to bug me i'll take it back off and put the indent in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom