80/100 Sedona Report/Photos, #2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A few more photos from our mid-April Sedona run....   :D

Let's start with some scenery:

vista_rain.jpg

towers2.jpg

penstemon.jpg

First stop on Broken Arrow is Submarine Rock:

80s_submarine.jpg

cruisers_above.jpg

Shared with the Pink Jeep tours:

100_pinkjeep.jpg

The 100 led, and I (being the newbie) followed fairly closely behind most of the time to see where his tires (an admirable 35") were going and how he was approaching obstacles.  This is actually Hltoppr following, but most of the time it was me (thanks -H-!):

following_100.jpg

The Lexus, also with 35" tires (and a supercharger, wow does that sound great!):

dr_rndm.jpg

My rig (those stock 31" Michelins!):

sb80_towers.jpg

There were a couple very fun challenges, including the slickrock domes that the Pink Jeeps go down (we went up), and the Devil's Staircase (which the Lexus went both up and down; the rest of us went down):

100_up.jpg

100_up_side.jpg

And on the staircase, Hltoppr:

andrew_staircase.jpg

The Lexus, going back up:

staircase_up.jpg

After Broken Arrow, we headed over to the Pipeline Trail, where the Lexus tried "Hummer Hill."  Very loose rock, and some 3-4' ledges on this hill at about a 50-degree angle:

hummer_hill.jpg

He didn't make it, but great try.  Here we all watch:

photos_hummer_hill.jpg

All in all, it was a great outing and lots of fun with new friends and awesome Cruisers (and Lexus)!

Simmons

It's tough to live in paradise...! :D

WOW :bow:

That looks like so much fun! One day I will make it out there.

-Matt

Nice photos Tucson!

What a view!

Had to add one more:

My 5-year-old daughter took this photo, with her 110 Barbie camera, as we headed toward Pipeline. I take off the headrest of the front passenger seat when it's just she and I so she has a better view.

Turns out the trail wasn't a dead end after all! ;)

ae_deadend.jpg

Simmons,

Great pictures. I was just out in Tucson visiting my parents several weeks ago w/out my truck and was drooling at all the open country. My dad had a 2wd Tacoma but I would get nervous on anything more than a 2-tracker.

My almost 5 year old daughter loves "the truck" because its the only vehicle she's ever been in where she gets to ride up front (no airbag). She even makes my wife sit in the back behind her and she acts like a big shot! I know everyone says its safer to put kids in the back seat but I don't really see a difference in this case. BTW, she also has a Barbie camera (2 actually - one with 35mm film and the other an instamatic) and can rip through a roll of film faster than you can imagine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom