8" Subwoofers in stock back location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, Anyone have some 8" subwoofers in the stock back location? or even a 10"?

If you do, did you have to do any modifications at all?

I need to know if they would fit before buying, and do not have a way of checking my self, the truck is in the body shop and found a good deal on some, all input is much appreciated.

thanks in advance
Federico

This is how I got a 10" sub in the back. I made some new rear panels and built a box on the driver side. I had to cut out one of the metal supports that ran verticle behind the box so it would fit. This is as deep as I could go but you could stick it out further if you really wanted the cu.ft. This hit plenty hard for me running a dedicated sub amp to it (I'm not into bass like I used to be). I also had the amp mounted on the panel. There was access to the rear wiper fluid and a spot for 6"ers as well. I took them off because I want to try another design with an 8" that's enclosed since I've got kids and fingers always end up poking stuff. :rolleyes: There are many ways to do it, this is just one possibility.

2920621520041288937S600x600Q85.jpg

2032220580041288937S600x600Q85.jpg

2216276530041288937S600x600Q85.jpg

I have wanted to do this for awhile. Is it bad if the magnet is too close to the metal quarter panel?

boots, wow. that must sound awesome. thanks for the pics.

Im thinking of running two 5 1/4 in the front and two 8" subwoofers in the rear, off a 4 channel amp. Simple.
What I really want is to keep is the stock appearance in stock locations, but I really want some punch, Im on a budget and found a great deal.

fronts recommendation

Speaker brands are like ice cream, everyone has a favorite flavor, but I really like DLS for your fronts -- they have a smooth silk dome tweeter. I'm running a a pair of DLS separates in the front doors of my Maxima. With a 12" sub in the rear. The key is dampening the doors with dynamat or similar product to tighten up the bass. I'm running some a/d/s separates in the front of my FJ-62, but those are not made like they used to be (in the late 80's/early 90's when a/d/s was king). I have since converted over to DLS. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom