8/72 FJ55 TURN SIGNAL SWITCH, HEADLIGHT SWITCH AND RELAY. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
WE HAVE A 72 FJ55 THE BUILD DATE IS 8/72 IN THE SHOP RIGHT NOW AND WE NEED A TURN SIGNAL SWITCH, HEADLIGHT SWITCH AND A RELAY FOR IT BUT THE TURN SIGNAL SWITCH DOES NOT JUST SLIDE OVER THE STEERING COLUMN THEY RAN THIS STYLE FOR ONE YEAR TO MY UNDERSTANDING, I CANT FIND ANYTHING OF WHAT IT HAS IN IT NOW ONLINE OR ANYWHERE, IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO OR A PART NUMBER I CAN LOOK UP TO FIND ONE? AND THE HEADLIGHT SWITCH HAS A PIGTAIL ON IT NOT JUST THE REGULAR ONE.
I NOTICED THAT THE RELAY ON EBAY IS 197.00$ AND THE CUSTOMER DOES NOT WANNA PAY THAT FOR A RELAY SO IS THERE ANOTHER OPTION OUT THERE THAT WE CAN USE? ITS THE BIG BOXY ONE I GUESS ITS STOCK, BUT THE NEW OEM ONES DO NOT LOOK LIKE THEY WILL WORK.

1. Maybe it’s just me, but I find the solid caps off putting.

2. We have a separate forum just for 55 owners. You MIGHT get some more guidance there.

3. GLWS, and welcome to MUD.

www.marksoffroad.net.

Last edited:
I would start by just taking them apart and cleaning them. 75% of 40/55 elecetrical problems can be solved by just cleaning the switch/contacts.

What relay? I didn't know there was one for the headlights...

I would start by just taking them apart and cleaning them. 75% of 40/55 elecetrical problems can be solved by just cleaning the switch/contacts.
w
we tried that and had no luck. customer wants a new one but we checked all out suppliers and toyota places and nobody can seem to find the one we need thats for the one year

I recently replaced my turn signal flasher with a new type that I bought from Coolerman (so I could use LED bulbs). Thread down in the 55 section...

Good luck finding new or even used. Best option would be searching for 40 series switches also. They wont be a perfect match but they will have the same look and you can find those ones.

Good luck finding new or even used. Best option would be searching for 40 series switches also. They wont be a perfect match but they will have the same look and you can find those ones.
will we beable to mount to the column properly and will the horn work? i dont want it flopping around in there

So, customer wants a new flasher but won't pay $200 bucks for the correct part? I second taking apart the old one and cleaning it. Works on most things LandCruiser.
What makes you think it is a bad flasher? Do the emergency flashers work? Lots of reasons the turn signals won't work.
Headlight switch MIGHT be same as an FJ40.
I assume you tried SOR?

how about a pic of the turn signal switch? I am not aware of a change in the 55 series on the steering column,
the headlight switch should be located in the dash
you can use a generic flasher cube for the turn signals, there may be another flasher cube for the hazards

So, customer wants a new flasher but won't pay $200 bucks for the correct part? I second taking apart the old one and cleaning it. Works on most things LandCruiser.
What makes you think it is a bad flasher? Do the emergency flashers work? Lots of reasons the turn signals won't work.
Headlight switch MIGHT be same as an FJ40.
I assume you tried SOR?
its bad because it just hangs out of the column like somebody snapped it off the bracket so when the customer goes to use it it falls. and no he doesnt wanna pay that much because hes already about 2 grand into it right now with the work we did to it

how about a pic of the turn signal switch? I am not aware of a change in the 55 series on the steering column,
the headlight switch should be located in the dash
you can use a generic flasher cube for the turn signals, there may be another flasher cube for the hazards
I am on a laptop im not sure how /o put pictures on this i dont use it very much but i guess they only made the 55 signal switch for the build date of 08/72 for just that same date but for 09/72 its different is what i understand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom