7th Injector Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Check this out, power junkies... I doubt it will ever be offered for 80 series :'(...

7th Injector Kit for Tacoma and 4Runner!

TRD is pleased to announce the 7th Injector Kit is now available for most 3.4L 4Runner and Tacoma Supercharged applications.

The new 7th Injector Kit features a supplemental injector that adds additional fuel directly into the inlet of the Supercharger, providing an intercooling effect for increased power and torque.

The new exclusive TRD Engine Management System, engineered to provide peak engine performance, is also included boosting power up to 21% over regular Supercharged units.

Packaged with easy-to-use step-by-step instructions, the new TRD 7th Injector Kit installs in about 2 hours, is fully warranted and smog legal in all 50 states.

Yes, I want one please...

My guess is that the main obstacle to duplicating the TRD kit is the inability to booty fab the new engine control module. Sounds like a tytpically slick TRD set up, and a way to ensure single digit mileage. BigMac

The real reason to offer the extra injector is to prevent the fuel mixture from going too lean when under maximum boost. Avoiding going lean is a very good thing to do, otherwise you end up buying pistons and valves and such.

Last year I called TRD tech support and asked if they were working on the same kind of setup (additional injector plus electronics to manage) for the 80 Land Cruiser supercharger. The answer I got was "No we are not, but we might."

It would never hurt to let them know it is something that you would like to buy.

Has anybody checked out a supercharged 80 with an accurate air fuel meter to ensure there are no problems going lean under max load? I don't know that there is a problem, just something about which I am curious.

If I remember correctly, the supercharger for the 100s does incorporate an additional injector.

Rich

Another way to go is with a rising rate regulator. I got mine from Corky Bell. http://www.bellengineering.net/fmu2020.html. It works real well especially since it is adjustable. The only test I did at the time was with a friend riding in the back with an OBDII hooked up reading from the O2's to see if I got a lean condition. Since we only got to ride around town it was not a fair test but there were no lean conditions. I may sell it now as I have gone with the Methanol/water injection system.
Bill

I can only provide information related to my 94 but yes it does go lean. Hold on to that rising rate regulator as the water injection is not going to replace that. Water injection or an intercooler will help but is not a cure all.

We are injecting a 50/50 blend of distilled water and methanol. It burns. I notice a distinct kick when the pump comes in.

D-

I ran a Haltech F5 AIC on my Corrado VR6 when it was supercharged. It controls up to 4 extra injectors... I ran 2 small 200cc units, each feeding 3 of the 6 cylinders. The unit reads vac./boost and engine RPM.... a very slick little unit, easy to wire, fully adjustable (2 small screws). I do not recall exactly what I paid for it, maybe $300 - $400. Mounting an extra injector or 2 in the 1FZ plenum would be pretty easy. http://www.haltech.com/Products/ECUs/F5/f5.html

I think there are many different brands of AIC on the market, shop around and find something you like.

I love this thread.

Someone send me an SC so I can play with it, my Gunson Gastester, and my laptop plugged into the car. See then I can tell you if it's running lean or not! Value added to the collective!

Anyway, back to reality. It was said before, it really is the computer that's the problem. By comparison the rest is pedestrian. Brian mentioned the Haltech solution which is not directly tied into the computer or 'compensated' for directly.

So anyway, I have to revisit this thread after some much-needed sleep. Look for the edit later...

tiorio-
Let me know if you are really interested in doing some testing - I'm over at Pt Mugu. I'm heading out on a two week trip to NM on the 11th. BigMac

Now you guys got me thinking about this. I noticed the Safari Turbo kit showed an add on injector in the plenum. The hole for it is not tapped. I am sure I could tap it out easy enough. Where would one tap into extra fuel from? Heck maybe just plug a NOS injector in there!! The Haltech one I like the sounds of, but I hate the way they sell them (having to contact some dealer). Keep this thread going!

Yomama

Yomama - insidious, isn't it? Hard to even notice when the hook is set.
BigMac

Here are a couple of pics of what I did on the Corrado, just for some ideas.....

You can see where the AN#6 fuel lines run along side of the valve cover here, they both connect to the stock fuel rail. At the extreme left of the photo, you can see where I placed a 'T' in the feed line to supply fuel to extra 2 injectors.
fe008815.jpg

Here you can see what the T leads into. Simple Fuel rail I welded up from stainless tube and injector bungs cut from an old rail obtained at the junk yard.
fe008870.jpg

If it helps anyone this is the way I made Methanol/water injection elbows in the SC plumbing. It took about six hours per elbow. First pic shows the powder coating removed and the hole cut from the angle I determined.
Bill

This second pic shows the mount welded up and the nozzle installed.

This is the business end of the nozzle installed. I have not run mine yet so can't say how it works, but from one I made that is out there running I understand it works OK. Hope this will help with some ideas.

It works a helluva lot better than "OK"..... :slap:

For those who are running the water-methanol injection. How much water-methanol do you go through per tank of gasoline?
Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom