7th Annual 100s in the Hills *July 26-30 2017* Silverton·CO·USA·EARTH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's so close!!!! I'm looking forward to this more than my 40th birthday in 3 days!!!

IMG_0816.PNG

Just ordered 5 BFG KO2's 275/70R18's for HIH7! Best deal I could find was $70 off 4 at 4 wheel parts and additional $50 gift card free shipping and no tax. $1135 for 5 shipped to my door and my dealer is going to mount and balance for free as I'm doing a bunch of other work there in prep for the trip!

Just ordered 5 BFG KO2's 275/70R18's for HIH7!
Man, that's dedication! :greedy: I might change the oil, grease the driveshafts and rotate the tires in preparation for HIH, but not much else. That's why I love the Cruiser...just jump in it and go!

Just ordered 5 BFG KO2's 275/70R18's for HIH7! Best deal I could find was $70 off 4 at 4 wheel parts and additional $50 gift card free shipping and no tax. $1135 for 5 shipped to my door and my dealer is going to mount and balance for free as I'm doing a bunch of other work there in prep for the trip!

We need to be sure and meet, so we can discuss our mutual BMW M love (I've had 4 E46's, 3 of them M3's, a E60 550 m sport, and currently I have an E66 and an E60 M5 6 speed). :)

Putting on the same exact tires tomorrow morning at Discount Tire. $1168 out the door for set of five.

I needed a bit more tire than the Michelin AT2's I ran HIH last year.

However, the question is: White letters out or in?

Speaking of local foods for the potluck, I thought I'd see if anyone has requests for food from NM. 4 years ago I brought some local green chile beer and made green chile (beef) stew. 2 years ago I made fresh sopapillas, but with the torrential downpour it dampened the sharing experience. I could bring one of those things again since many of the attendees this year are newbies. If you've had something from NM that you're really craving, what is it. Keep in mind that I'm not a professional chef and some things can only be made fresh (not while camping either) but I'm willing to take requests. I can even make a mean chicken mole burrito, which really isn't NM food but I love it and it's easy to make while camping.

Man, that's dedication! :greedy: I might change the oil, grease the driveshafts and rotate the tires in preparation for HIH, but not much else. That's why I love the Cruiser...just jump in it and go!

Not really dedication - more like necessity as the Michelin LTX MS2's aren't going to cut it!

We need to be sure and meet, so we can discuss our mutual BMW M love (I've had 4 E46's, 3 of them M3's, a E60 550 m sport, and currently I have an E66 and an E60 M5 6 speed). :)

Seems there's many of us here who love the LC and our fav German marque for something on the sporting side. Looking forward to meeting you - I'm sure we can kill a good campfire over a few beers and M car talk.

Speaking of local foods for the potluck, I thought I'd see if anyone has requests for food from NM. 4 years ago I brought some local green chile beer and made green chile (beef) stew. 2 years ago I made fresh sopapillas, but with the torrential downpour it dampened the sharing experience. I could bring one of those things again since many of the attendees this year are newbies. If you've had something from NM that you're really craving, what is it. Keep in mind that I'm not a professional chef and some things can only be made fresh (not while camping either) but I'm willing to take requests. I can even make a mean chicken mole burrito, which really isn't NM food but I love it and it's easy to make while camping.

YES anything with green chillies :love:

We may bring some green chili enchiladas!

I'll bring the tequila- that's got to fit into the equation somewhere ....

We may bring some green chili enchiladas!
You're not allowed to bring them if you can't spell chile correctly. I'm sure this confuses most of you. Chili with an 'i' is meat and beans or just spicy meat. Chile with an 'e' refers to the chile pepper commonly grown and eaten in NM.

I will make sure to bring something made with green chile from Hatch, NM. I have a few bags of fire roasted chiles still in the freezer from last year's harvest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom