7th Annual 100s in the Hills *July 26-30 2017* Silverton·CO·USA·EARTH (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm just imagining all the mud that's going to be tracked in on that nice clean floor.

Chris and I have hired a local cleaning crew to come in and clean the entire place after the event is over. As with all things in mountain towns, it's not cheap. Part of the rental agreement for the facility was to have it be as clean as when we found it. Please, if your boots are full of mud, don't destroy the place and that floor. This venue is used for weddings and parties in the area. Everything about it is expensive and we do not want to lose our contract for future events. We ask that you treat the inside of the lodge as you would your own place. Essentially, that's what it is.

Chris and I have hired a local cleaning crew to come in and clean the entire place after the event is over. As with all things in mountain towns, it's not cheap. Part of the rental agreement for the facility was to have it be as clean as when we found it. Please, if your boots are full of mud, don't destroy the place and that floor. This venue is used for weddings and parties in the area. Everything about it is expensive and we do not want to lose our contract for future events. We ask that you treat the inside of the lodge as you would your own place. Essentially, that's what it is.

Well said. Of course, no rain, is a bit of a dream but we can do our best to keep the mud out of the lodge area. May even recruit kids to sweep here and there. Haha

May even recruit kids to sweep here and there. Haha

Speaking of kids, I'm bringing my 9 y/o daughter and 7 y/o son. Would love to know if there will be others in this age range around camp. I'll probably bring my son's RC car, a football and a board game or two.

Regarding rain and mud, I'm sure the weather will be perfect the entire weekend. :)

I will have my 12 yr old daughter, 9 yr old son, and my 7yr daughter.

Shall we adopt the motto "Leave it better than we found it"

Says the guy from Arizona that sees it less often than the guy from New Mexico.....

I've been in that New Mexico ranch road mud on the CDR- a couple of days hard rain and it's literally impassable.

I will be bringing my almost 13 yr old boy and almost 6 yr old boy. Bikes for both, and they will probably have baseball gloves, football, and other things they "have" to have. I am imagining a 5 mph speed limit in camp as there is going to be a lot of little ones running around. I. CAN'T. WAIT.

Anyone planning on bringing their UTV/4-wheeler/dirt bike or other motorized single person offroader machine? Planning on bringing my Suzuki dizzer which is in supermoto form now with street tires that can still be used for lite trails.

14 y.o. daughter and 15 y.o. son

7 and 6 year old sons. We'll likely have a couple RC cars with us too.

9 yr old son here. He'll be thrilled to join the ensuing camp football game

He's excited - gave me this drawing the other day (no adult prompting) ... note hashtags, including props to the town of Silverton.

IMG_2907.JPG

Thanks for all the responses regarding kids. Looks like we'll have at least 5 between the ages of 12 and 15 and another 9 between the age of 9 and 6. @ted4whlz, if you're the only one with younger kids, you'll get first pick of potential sitters. :D

Last edited:
For anyone worried about their kids being alone in this trip: don't sweat it! There will be more kids there than you could ask for! They'll be fine and you may even lose them for periods of time like I did last year! Try not to or you may get in trouble too!

On another note, I'm mentally ready to go now!
Have some awesome new stuff to add to the 100 pretty soon!
Dissent rear from Ben.
I got talking to Georg at Valley Hybrids about lockers and gears!
And I just placed an order for a new RTT from auto home and am very excited, not 100% sure if it will arrive in time but hope it will! Shipment comes in "some time" in July!
See you all there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom